Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , new to site thought I would join as I've been an Antara owner for nearly 4 years . Hope to get some good advice on changing my front headlamps on a 2011 model .

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi Chewy and welcome! I'm new myself but it's great to find. common solutions we all face. I'd like to upgrade my front headlights too...

·
Registered
121 Posts
The headlamps seems to be a common one...I've got xenon dipped headlights, but having the standard halogen side lights looks awful. There seems to be 3 options that I've managed to uncover;

1. Get blue tinted halogens which apparently look white. This is a cheap option, is road legal, and won't generate any lighting errors.

2. Get LED bulbs. These are cheap too, but aren't road legal, and can cause errors

3. Get some kind of HID kit. I was reading a site that suggested that all the kits that exist for this are accidents waiting to happen and aren't actually safe. But I'm no expert.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've looked into this a bit more and seems if you search you can find LED lights that are canbus compliant (no errors) and so long as you get ones which are actually white then you'll be fine MOT-wise too. The reason that some aren't road legal is because the light they emit can be perceived as blue-ish and it must be white.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts