Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who has fitted these particular side bars. How easy was it & what do you bolt tounderneath? Do you bolt "through" the floor itself or like onto the chassis or something i.e. do you have to lift internal carpets etc?? Did you also have to do any filing/cutting of the brackets etc?

Any info much appreciated

Regards

Chum

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I fitted Irmscher steps and they were pretty easy to do.

All fixing is done under the car on the chassis. Some of the points its just a case of removing a plastic plug which covers a threaded hole already prepared for fixing the steps too. The others need metal plates inserted into holes on the chassis.

I'm pretty sure the JSG will use the same system although they ave a middle bracket that the irmscher ones don't.

They are fairly easy to do once you decipher the instructions. But no drilling cutting etc.

Edited by: Grumps

·
Registered
37 Posts
HiI fittedm the JSG sidesteps a few weeks ago. They are fairly easy to fit. theres some pre drilled holes in the chassis already. You just have to take the plastic plugs out of the holes and the bolts fit straight into them. They look good when they are on.

richie

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I want to have them delivered to the dealer for them to fit ready for pick up. Just wanted the info so I can let them know that I know how long it should take them to fit!!

RJDSJ1- did you have to cut a notch in a bracket for the electronic handbrake thingy??

·
Registered
17 Posts
RJDSJ1 said:
HiI fittedm the JSG sidesteps a few weeks ago. They are fairly easy to fit. theres some pre drilled holes in the chassis already. You just have to take the plastic plugs out of the holes and the bolts fit straight into them. They look good when they are on.

richie
Where do you purchase these,I`ve looked everywhere,only place I could find was Ebay

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fergie said:
RJDSJ1 said:

richie
Where do you purchase these,I`ve looked everywhere,only place I could find was Ebay

http://www.jsgdirect.co.uk/vauxhall-antara-2013-model-stainless-steel-side-steps-179-p.asp

They also sell via Ebay

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi there,
i bought them off E bay. The company were very helpful. Because i work shifts i needed them to be delivered when i was going to be in, so i contacted them and arranged a delivery date with them. I ordered them on a monday and they sent them out on a thursday for a fri delivery.
One of the brackets was a bit out of line when i fitted them but with a little bit of persuation it went on, as for the rest there was not any problems. It took just over 1 hour to do them.

Richie

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RJDSJ1 said:
hi there,
i bought them off E bay. The company were very helpful. Because i work shifts i needed them to be delivered when i was going to be in, so i contacted them and arranged a delivery date with them. I ordered them on a monday and they sent them out on a thursday for a fri delivery.
One of the brackets was a bit out of line when i fitted them but with a little bit of persuation it went on, as for the rest there was not any problems. It took just over 1 hour to do them.

Richie

Thanks Richie.

·
Registered
365 Posts
They are easy enough to fit and look good,handy for reaching the roof too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Many thanks JR123, I will get the wife to assist and give a hand, I'll have a crawl under the car tomorrow and see if I can locate the fixings, I was aware of the insurance consequences, will contact them next week to.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
JR123
What do you mean by shorties or as my husband says to our daughter short ass l

Oops chattering again
Edited by: wilma08

·
Registered
31 Posts
Warning, Warning,this morning I fitted my new JSG side bars, they look great,a little fiddling was required with the brackets but was worth it, that was until this afternoon when I informed my insurance company who are Lloyds AXA,the insurance police is one month old, my wife and I both have full no claims,both clean licence and are 60, guess what they said,,,,,,,,,, Sorry but you premium has just gone up, wait for it...…£217.00 plus £25.00 for an admin fee,,,,,,,,,so if your thinking of adding bars check with your insurance company first, next year I will be changing companies, I feel well and truley ripped of.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts