Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined today Take ownership of my Antara first week in September Currently drive fronteraAnything I need to be aware of?

Have opted for 6 speed manual with 184 bhp

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Maljb
Welcome to the forum and you will get sound advice from the members.

If you antara is diesel, one thing that pops up is the DPF regeneration, different members have various views on this but I myself have had no problems with it, Mine is a Amtar SE Nav 185 2.2 Deisel Auto.

You will be looking forward to your car and I hope you enjoy it a I thing it is exremely good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi maljb and welcome to the forums

Anything I need to be aware of?
There has been some discussion re. mpg.
Personally I am happy with mine so far [ 34 local and 27 towing ]
others have reported much lower results.

Also you will probably find that the kind people at Vauxhall have provided you with an inflation kit if you are unlucky enough to get a puncture.
If this is the case - and you do get a puncture then be aware that you will need to replace the tyre when you take it in for repair.
Also - if the puncture is in the side wall the kit is of no use.
I, and others here, have elected to buy a full size steel rim and put a suitable tyre on that. Peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I have had my Antara for 16 months now and had a pretty uneventful time so nothing to really worry about.

Its a great car. its not perfect but what car is. The good points far outweigh the bad ones.

The DPF regens can be a problem if your doing short stop start trips and the mpg isnt great but you will be used to those figures with your Frontera.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts