Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the wife's Astra yesterday in the dark for the first time in ages and noticed the light switches for the interior lights in the headlining light up when the head lights are on, the same switches in the Antara I have don't, is this how they are or are mine faulty ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
It does seem odd with the Antara. I have had Vauxhalls all my days and the Anatara is a confusing one. It seems to lack things that other Vauxhalls have as standard, and this is one of those things that make you wonder what was going on in the designers head.

I have the SE Nav andnthe buttons are just transfers as far as I can make out.

Mark

·
Registered
74 Posts
I noticed this on mine the other day too, I just thought for a 'top of the range' SE that everything would glow, there are lights everywhere on the car including in the door when you open it but when I looked up 1 night to turn the lights on I couldn't see which one I had to press when I wanted to illuminate my area?? Found it after pressing all of them including turning the internal sensors off for the alarm

·
Registered
782 Posts
Exhausted said:
It does seem odd with the Antara. I have had Vauxhalls all my days and the Anatara is a confusing one. It seems to lack things that other Vauxhalls have as standard, and this is one of those things that make you wonder what was going on in the designers head.

I have the SE Nav andnthe buttons are just transfers as far as I can make out.

Mark
Not sure the Antara is can really be called a Vauxhall. It was originally designed by Daewoo before GM took them over.

Maybe they didn't want to spend too much money changing everything from the Daewoo design over to the normal VX design.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Bean & Inchindown, it seems mad they would remove a feature like that. What's the point of putting a lens there if it doesn't illuminate. Especially if it did on older models!
I agree with Mark, I'm going to see if they can be livened up.
Cheers guys
Tony

·
Registered
782 Posts
F1tony said:
Thanks Bean & Inchindown, it seems mad they would remove a feature like that. What's the point of putting a lens there if it doesn't illuminate. Especially if it did on older models!
I agree with Mark, I'm going to see if they can be livened up.
Cheers guys
Tony
I suppose they do this sort of thing to try to save money.

So they would save from not installing the light fitting, and maybe the wiring, but they would not want to spend money reworking the door press dies to remove the hole in the door panel used for the light fitting. So they just leave the old lens in place to keep the door tidy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.