Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The big day has finally arrived for Inchindown (finally) and he collects his nice new Antara today.

I just wanted to wish him all the best and I, like others, look forward to his forthright assessment of his new car.


Best of luck my friend
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,758 Posts
And I thought this was a thread with him showing it off with many pictures.

I'm sure they will be posted soon.

Good luck inchy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words.

Just got back home with the new car.

Did a 70 mile drive from the dealer to my house and very pleased on first impressions. Thought I had a really terrible noise coming from somewhere in the car, but it turned out to be the little plastic box containing the wheel nuts bouncing around in the glove box. Sorted that and awful noise has now gone.

I'll say more about the car in a few days when I've had a chance to get to know it a bit better.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I got 32 MPG over the trip. That was on A/B roads, driving through 3 towns and a couple of stops just to admire the scenery. That's about the same as I got from my Volvo XC70 on a similar journey.

I took a few pics of the car on the way home, and I'll post them later in the gallery. Need to get some grub in me as I haven't eaten since breakfast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assume that the "hand over" went okay and your fears about there being a potential hiccup were unwarranted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Inchindown said:
Thought I had a really terrible noise coming from somewhere in the car, but it turned out to be the little plastic box containing the wheel nuts bouncing around in the glove box. Sorted that and awful noise has now gone.
First out, congrats on the new car. I look forward to the pics.

This business with the wheel nuts is a bit worrying though. Either you or I am doing something seriously wrong. I have my wheel nuts attached to those things with threads on sticking out from the wheels. I maybe wrong but I get the impression that it is these which keeps the wheels on.

Do let me know if I am wrong and, if so, I will immediately put my wheel nuts in a plastic box in the glove compartment too.

Enjoy the wheels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
They say that 99% of accidents are caused by the nut that holds the wheel so maybe inchindown has got it right.

Welcome to the owners side
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spantara said:
Inchindown said:
Thought I had a really terrible noise coming from somewhere in the car, but it turned out to be the little plastic box containing the wheel nuts bouncing around in the glove box. Sorted that and awful noise has now gone.
First out, congrats on the new car. I look forward to the pics.

This business with the wheel nuts is a bit worrying though. Either you or I am doing something seriously wrong. I have my wheel nuts attached to those things with threads on sticking out from the wheels. I maybe wrong but I get the impression that it is these which keeps the wheels on.

Do let me know if I am wrong and, if so, I will immediately put my wheel nuts in a plastic box in the glove compartment too.

Enjoy the wheels

That explains this.............



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Antarius said:
I assume that the "hand over" went okay and your fears about there being a potential hiccup were unwarranted 
Yes there were no problems. Just a condition check on the old car. A quick briefing on the car's features, A few forms to sign and a password to enter in the computer and I was off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Spantara said:
Inchindown said:
 Thought I had a really terrible noise coming from somewhere in the car, but it turned out to be the little plastic box containing the wheel nuts bouncing around in the glove box. Sorted that and awful noise has now gone.
First out, congrats on the new car. I look forward to the pics.

This business with the wheel nuts is a bit worrying though. Either you or I am doing something seriously wrong. I have my wheel nuts attached to those things with threads on sticking out from the wheels. I maybe wrong but I get the impression that it is these which keeps the wheels on.

Do let me know if I am wrong and, if so, I will immediately put my wheel nuts in a plastic box in the glove compartment too.

Enjoy the wheels
Who needs the wheel nuts on the wheels, when my magnetic personality will keep the wheels in place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Dilligaf said:
They say that 99% of accidents are caused by the nut that holds the wheel so maybe inchindown has got it right.

Welcome to the owners side
I'm allergic to nuts so that lets me out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Finished my lunch and had a bit of a rest.

Fitted the spare wheel into the boot. Great fir and no problems with the boot lid. Still plenty of room under the boot lid for stuff.

Just about to post a few pics I took on the way back from the dealer earlier today. See the gallery for details.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top