Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just wonder if any one can help order my new antara and got told on Tuesday by dealer it buildt and at the dock for shipping how long does it take from south korea to uk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Grumps said:
Welcome to the forum Chris

I'm sure one of the experts on that subject will help you out very soon.

Congratulations........



On becoming a 4 star General
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
chrispl44 said:
hi all just wonder if any one can help order my new antara and got told on Tuesday by dealer it buildt and at the dock for shipping how long does it take from south korea to uk

Hi Chris and welcome to the club



I'm no expert but we can maybe fathom out which ship your car is likely to be on if you can give us some information.


Do you know when your car was "completed" and do you know what the estimated delivery date to your dealer is ?


In general, if a ship leaves South Korea and sails straight to the UK, it takes 35 days. If the ship has stopovers, the sailing time is increased according to the number of stops and where the stops are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi all my deal said it show as built on the computer and on the dock that's all they are telling me I need my car by 4 june
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
chrispl44 said:
hi all my deal said it show as built on the computer and on the dock that's all they are telling me I need my car by 4 june

Hi Chris - are they saying that your car is on the dock in Incheon now?


There are two ships at sea at the moment that havedefinitelycome out of Incheon - that's the Tongala which is due into Royal Portbury docks on Sunday 19th May at 10:00 (That;s the one I believe mine is on
). The second ship currently at sea out of Incheon is the Grand Pioneer which is due to dock on Sat 25th May at 07:00 hrs.


There is a third ship due into Portbury on 2 June at 03:00 hrs but that one is showing as being out of Pyoengtaek - which is just a couple of miles south of Incheon. (Incheon is where the antara are loaded.


So IF your dealer has said you will get your car by 4th Jun - I would imagine that your car is on the Grand Pioneer
. IF IT'S NOT STILL ON THE DOCK IN INCHEON.
If it IS still there I doubt very much that you'll get it before 4th June. Sorry to bear bad news.



It's mostly guesswork and logical thought but it's the best we can do.


Good luck.

Edited by: JFDM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all you help in april I was told is was on week 33 build list I rang Tuesday to be told its on the dock waiting to be shipped and dealer told me it could be 8 week to arrive but don't quote me he said hes been court out before letter ive got 4 of april I order car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
chrispl44 said:
thanks for all you help in april I was told is was on week 33 build list I rang Tuesday to be told its on the dock waiting to be shipped and dealer told me it could be 8 week to arrive but don't quote me he said hes been court out before letter ive got 4 of april I order car

Hmmmm - Not sure how important the event on 4th June is for you but if I were you I'd start making alternative arrangements.



The order/build/shipping/PDI normally takes around 12 weeks - so that would fit in with the car being on a later ship than the three I've already mentioned. There is a ship called the Toreador which is due to leave Incheon (so it should have Antara onboard) and that is not due into portbury until the 20th Jun which fits in with the 12 week lead time. Having just checked, the Toreador is currently sat in dock in Incheon so it would seem logical that it is being loaded and your car will be on that. Bad news is that she doesn't arrive into Portbury until 20th June. Then they have to ship it to the dealer and the dealer carries out the PDI and gets it ready for you.


I think that's realistically yourtime-frame. Sorry. Who is your dealer?









Edited by: JFDM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes that about right im always last lol trust me to order a new build and in black just jet black leather and a auto I no its built and at the dock can you how no what ship it on and how to track it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
chrispl44 said:
hi all my deal said it show as built on the computer and on the dock that's all they are telling me I need my car by 4 june

Hi Chris, as Joe has mentioned, there isn't a chance of your car arriving in the UK before early June. When my Antara arrived the ship sailed straight from Incheon to Bristol and it took five weeks.


Subsequently there have been at least two other ships that have also taken exactly five weeks to complete their direct trip from South Korea to the UK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
chrispl44 said:
yes that about right im always last lol trust me to order a new build and in black just jet black leather and a auto I no its built and at the dock can you how no what ship it on and how to track it

It's mostly guesswork Chris - but it's educated guesses and logic.


Here's how you can do it yourself and track your ship across it journey. There may be other ways but this is how I do it.


To find out what ships are due in to Bristol (Portbury) simply do a google search for "royal portbury arrivals" - that should give you a link to the arrivals page which shows all the arrivals into the dock. The important thing here is to look for those ships out of the "Far East".


When you have the names of the ships - do another search in google for the ships name followed by "current position" i.e. "Toreador Current position" that will give you a link to the ship you are looking for in "marinetraffic.com" - on that page is a load of info about the ship and a link that shows you a map of where it is in the globe at that specific time. There is also another link that shows the ships Itinery - in there you should be able to see if it came out of Incheon. That's the important thing here as only ships out of Incheon will be loaded with Antara.


One thing to bear in mind is that once the ship gets near the Arabian sea, near the gulf of Aden the tracking will stop for approx 10 days while it goes through the "Dark Zone - Badlands". This just means that the skipper has switched off the location transmitter so as not to advertise the true location to the 'bad guys' in that area. Once it's into the Suez canal(or close to)the transmitter will switch on again.


Hope that helps, just ask if you have any more questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how do you no all this is there a way of tracking ship that leave there so I can have a look ill just have to put my holiday to france on hold
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
chrispl44 said:
how do you no all this is there a way of tracking ship that leave there so I can have a look ill just have to put my holiday to france on hold
See my explanation above this.


Sorry you have to disrupt your holiday plans - can you get a hire car???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
I struck a deal on mine 1.5 weeks ago. The dealer has a delivery date from Vauxhall for 16th June. I am assuming that the dealer (Perrys) already had it on order anyway? Are they only built to order or do they just make em & ship em out regardless??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
♠ChumBucket♠ said:
I struck a deal on mine 1.5 weeks ago. The dealer has a delivery date from Vauxhall for 16th June. I am assuming that the dealer (Perrys) already had it on order anyway? Are they only built to order or do they just make em & ship em out regardless??

Dealers like Perry's make a decision early on to order a number of models upfront and then advertise them themselves. It pays offhandsomely for them as well as they do move a lot of units.


Vauxhall main dealers take orders then put them into the build process at the factory.


So the answer is Yes they are all built to order - but perry's take more of a chance by ordering on spec and selling them. That's probably why they sell them at a far better discount than the Vauxhall dealers do.


What model did you go for?


Looking at the Portbury arrivals I would guess that your car is currently on the Aniara which arrives on 2nd June. which gives them about two weeks to transport it to the dealers who will then carry out the Pre delivery inspection and then get it through the valet and ready for you to pick up.


On second thoughts - maybe not on the Aniara, that ship is out of Pyeongtaek and not Incheon. Normally the Antara load from Incheon so I'm not sure now. The next ship (Out of Incheon) is the Toreador (Same as Chris) and that arrives on 20th June.


As I say, it's mostly guesswork.







Edited by: JFDM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
JFDM said:
♠ChumBucket♠ said:
I struck a deal on mine 1.5 weeks ago. The dealer has a delivery date from Vauxhall for 16th June. I am assuming that the dealer (Perrys) already had it on order anyway? Are they only built to order or do they just make em & ship em out regardless??

Dealers like Perry's make a decision early on to order a number of models upfront and then advertise them themselves. It pays offhandsomely for them as well as they do move a lot of units.


Vauxhall main dealers take orders then put them into the build process at the factory.


So the answer is Yes they are all built to order - but perry's take more of a chance by ordering on spec and selling them. That's probably why they sell them at a far better discount than the Vauxhall dealers do.


What model did you go for?

Thanks for that.


I went for a SE NAV manual in white- a pretty good bet for Perrys to order up front eh?



The Dealer is 190 miles away but they gave us the best deal out of LOADS of dealers around the country. One of our local VX dealers couldn't get close & the other didn't even attempt, confessing from the outset that they couldn't compete. Looking forward to it, just trying to sort some side steps out now for the dealer to fit ready for pick up day.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top