Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title mine has been out of range for 6 days now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry but should put ship ,"marinelive tracker"

·
Registered
659 Posts
smino said:
Sorry but should put ship ,"marinelive tracker"
As I was posing the question, you were posting the answer.

As you will be aware, there are parts of the world where it is not wise for ships to voluntarily provide tracking information and since the journey of your Antara takes it past the coast of Somalia, there is a general public blackout, usually from the tip of India until ships are in the Suez Canal.

Depending on the speed of the ship that your car is on, the "blackout" is around two weeks, give or take a day or two either way.

If you are looking for an accurate timeline, then "Pudsey" would be the best person to ask as he has just finished tracking his car from Incheon to Bristol.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Smino. As Antarius says there is a blackout in the Indian Ocean until just before entering the Suez Canal. In my case this lasted just over 9 days. Tracking coverage is a little patchy through the Suez Canal as well, but once you get into the Mediterranean you will be able to track all the way home, with only a few gaps of a few hours. It's great fun and I am going to miss it!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Pudsey said:
Hi Smino. As Antarius says there is a blackout in the Indian Ocean until just before entering the Suez Canal. In my case this lasted just over 9 days. Tracking coverage is a little patchy through the Suez Canal as well, but once you get into the Mediterranean you will be able to track all the way home, with only a few gaps of a few hours. It's great fun and I am going to miss it!
It may seem strange to those who have never "tracked" their car on its journey from South Korea to the UK but when you post that you will miss it, you are so right Pudsey.

Its a different type of excitement from that which you get when you get the call to come and collect your new Antara but nonetheless, it is a lot of fun and when the journey ends, there is a strange feeling of disappointment and hollowness.

I think what we need to do is to attract some new members to the site, who are still waiting for their Antara to start their journey and we can track those cars, as a sort of surrogate owner

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So how many times do u think ive looked in the last 6 days.
lol

·
Registered
659 Posts
smino said:
So how many times do u think ive looked in the last 6 days.
lol
Now this may seem a ridiculous thing to ask but at any time during the last six days, did it ever enter your head that the ship that had your Antara on board may have sank ?

What do you think Pudsey ?
and don't blame "drive man"

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sunk, captured by pirates, seized by Suez Canal demonstrators.................. The potential list of disasters whilst in the "dark zone" is endless, and all real and present dangers ................

·
Registered
659 Posts
Pudsey said:
Sunk, captured by pirates, seized by Suez Canal demonstrators.................. The potential list of disasters whilst in the "dark zone" is endless, and all real and present dangers ................

Brilliant post Pudsey

The only problem now, is that as a result of it appearing, you have now reduced poor old Smino to tears.

I feel that we will all have to try and keep his mind off of things just in case he does something "silly" as a result of your damming analysis

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny u should say that as ive just come back from the psychiatrist.

·
Registered
55 Posts
smino said:
Funny u should say that as ive just come back from the psychiatrist.
Oh dear - I'm sorry to hear that, and hope that my pointing out just some of the dangers facing your Antara has not affected you too badly. Please try to relax - if the worst happens you can always order another one ............ if the nutter in North Korea doesn't nuke the factory that is ...............

·
Registered
659 Posts
smino said:
I have been told its the tulane mt

That sort of ties in with its current position and arrival at Bristol on 25/04/13, as the ship that carried my Antara took just under six weeks from first "radio silence" until it arrived in the UK.

It won't be long now

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes but as said before that does not tie in with the dates i have been given by vx head office..18/3,,,31/3,,,10/4,,,31/4,,,3/5 and now the latest is 10/5.not bad having to wait since 16/11/2012 .and car was finished 26/2

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
N e way still looking forward to it arriving

·
Registered
659 Posts
smino said:
Yes but as said before that does not tie in with the dates i have been given by vx head office..18/3,,,31/3,,,10/4,,,31/4,,,3/5 and now the latest is 10/5.not bad having to wait since 16/11/2012 .and car was finished 26/2

Smino, if the last date is anywhere near correct then I would suggest that your Antara is not on the Tulane but on the Tomar.

Check my post addressed to "Brian" in the thread "When is your Antara due ?" for more information.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes i got my info from vxr man on other website.u know i mean.hes the guy with the inside info and he said tulane.so maybe your right??????.trak my vx first said weeks ago 3/5 now it moved to 10/3.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.