Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've just got myself an antara so I thought I'd join the forum.
Living up in the n/e of Scotland looking forward to saying hello and exchanging tips and advice

Cheers for now

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You will find plenty members from Scotland the Antara is very popular up here.

Which part of Scotland are you from.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Welcome to the Antara forum, have you bought it for towing or Scotlands winter sun ?????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys

Not overly impressed only had it 2 days and now I've a practical filter warning light and also engine management light on, it's only done 34000 miles, is this normal?

·
Registered
472 Posts
How old is your motor? If it has done 34k miles it will depend on when the last regen was done, they normally happen every 500ish miles. If the regen light is on I would take it for a decent run and don't let the rpm fall below 2k. Normally about 20 miles/minutes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello mate

It's a 2007 model, what needs regened? I thought the partial filter was part of the cat.
Took the car for a good drive yesterday 50+ miles at revs above 2000 but light still on
Thanks again

·
Registered
472 Posts
Did you buy from vx dealer, if so go back and tell them you have done what it says in the manual for a dpf regen and the light is still on. What mpg are you getting?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No it never came from a vauxhall dealer but did come from a garage so it will be going back! Just really annoying, it's not really affecting the fuel usage I'm getting around 38 mpg. The rev counter needle also "bounces" when idling now and you can feel the engine hunting. But when out on the road the car seems to drive like normal but there's a smell of fuel when sitting still with engine running.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts