Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people. We are due to take ownership of our new Antara 2.2 [184] CDTi SE Nav, sometime later next week!

It should have been last weekend but, when we went in for finalising the paperwork, the dealership f***d up and brought in an Automatic instead of the Manual version I asked for, so we've had an extra week or so delay as they tried to find us a 184 in white that we ordered.
The wife thinks we should try for the £500 fuel voucher that they are 'giving' away this weekend, just for the trouble; I think she's probably being a bit of a cheeky monkey but, a shy boy gets no sweets as people say!

I'm presently looking around for towbar options; plenty about and a darned bit less expensive than the Vauxhall unit for sure, or it could be another bargaining half hour next week at the dealership perhaps?

Looking forward to reading and submitting more as we get to grips with our new 'baby' - once it lands on our driveway of course!

-LaZ-

Edited by: Lazarus

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

That sounds like Peter Vardy for you unless I'm mistaken.

I'm a bit surprised they managed to find you another car when people are waiting 4 months for them to arrive from Korea?

But knowing Peter Vardy if that's who you are dealing with I wouldn't be surprised to find a problem or two yet.

Hopefully not but don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just check to make sure it's a 2013 model and they are not trying to get rid of old stock - sure there is a link somewhere about vin numbers and the year of manufacture.

I had Bristol street do this to me a couple of years ago and when I found out I rejected the car and made them get me what I ordered.Edited by: JR123

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest, if it came off a production line in late 2012 I don't really mind. Six months makes no difference on a car that is likely to only hold 40% of its value after 3 years.
At the moment, apart from the initial mess up, Peter Vardy (PV) have been working hard on my behalf - With no car to be found in Scotland, PV Head Office had to go 'cross dealership' to find one, so this car is coming from the South West of England and being transported up over the weekend. It will be registered on a Scottish 13 plate when it gets here, unless my V750 gets here in time then it will have a personalised one on it.
I think a lot of waiting time is down to what you order, different leather tones and special paint often mean a 'factory build' rather than one already shipped. My 2013 Ducati Diavel Red Corse Stripe is a case in point; If I hadn't been at the Scottish Motorcycle Show and caught the one Ducati Glasgow already had on order, I'd have had to wait 4 months. As it turned out I got the first one in Scotland, now they are as common as muck as I know of one other in Aberdeen (chap bought 2, one red and one Blue).
I'll probably still check the VIN though, it's a good excuse for a rant and some freebies!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fair enough - but there are little changes to be aware of, the sat nav may not have the latest maps and I don't think at 2012 edition has the dual zone climate - I'm sure little things like this can all add up in the bargaining stakes

Also not sure on the deal you have but for a stock car you should expect to get a significant discount.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes sense. I'll keep an eye out for the dual zone climate controls, after all, it was an option that I liked. Did the 2012 models still have the stop-start as per the 2013?
I'll have a check around the net to find out any cosmetic differences between 12 to 13, just to be on the safe side.
Cheers the Noo!
-LaZ-

·
Registered
324 Posts
JR123 said:
Just check to make sure it's a 2013 model and they are not trying to get rid of old stock - sure there is a link somewhere about vin numbers and the year of manufacture.

I had Bristol street do this to me a couple of years ago and when I found out I rejected the car and made them get me what I ordered.

Bristol Street tried to do this with us just weeks ago!! They took deposit (eventually refunded) & tried to pass off a 2012 model registered in 2013 as a 2013 model!!! Scum!!! It was a DELIBERATE attempt to deceive us!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JR123 said:
don't think at 2012 edition has the dual zone climate.
You were correct! I have downloaded a 2012 brochure to compare it with the 2013 and, indeed the 12 variant has single zone and the 13 dual zone. That's a little less obvious to note rather than asking to see the VIN

Cheers matey!

-LaZ-

·
Registered
262 Posts
No problem - I would also check the prices out on the net - I recon you would easily be able to pick up a 2012 edition registered brand new on a 13 plate for less than £20k probably pushing £19k if you walked into a dealer that had them on their stock list and your good at haggling!

The later 2012 editions had stop/start not sure about the early ones....... Also, not sure if they have the electric front seat.....

·
Registered
262 Posts
♠ChumBucket♠ said:
JR123 said:

I had Bristol street do this to me a couple of years ago and when I found out I rejected the car and made them get me what I ordered.

Bristol Street tried to do this with us just weeks ago!! They took deposit (eventually refunded) & tried to pass off a 2012 model registered in 2013 as a 2013 model!!! Scum!!! It was a DELIBERATE attempt to deceive us!
Yep that's exactly what they did with me twice - I had a Laguna Coupe which was passed off as a 2010 when in fact it was 2009 and had been stood around in a compound. Then they did it again on a Megane Coupe GT - I ordered silver and 2 weeks later rang to say there was no silver only oyster grey - when I checked further it was a privilege model they were trying to flog me as they could not get access to stock, went elsewhere and got what I wanted!

·
Registered
324 Posts
JR123 said:
♠ChumBucket♠ said:
JR123 said:

Yep that's exactly what they did with me twice - I had a Laguna Coupe which was passed off as a 2010 when in fact it was 2009 and had been stood around in a compound. Then they did it again on a Megane Coupe GT - I ordered silver and 2 weeks later rang to say there was no silver only oyster grey - when I checked further it was a privilege model they were trying to flog me as they could not get access to stock, went elsewhere and got what I wanted!

After our recent experience with Bristol Street (there were other things also) I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lazarus said:
Hello people. We are due to take ownership of our new Antara 2.2 [184] CDTi SE Nav, sometime later next week!

It should have been last weekend but, when we went in for finalising the paperwork, the dealership f***d up and brought in an Automatic instead of the Manual version I asked for, so we've had an extra week or so delay as they tried to find us a 184 in white that we ordered.
The wife thinks we should try for the £500 fuel voucher that they are 'giving' away this weekend, just for the trouble; I think she's probably being a bit of a cheeky monkey but, a shy boy gets no sweets as people say!

I'm presently looking around for towbar options; plenty about and a darned bit less expensive than the Vauxhall unit for sure, or it could be another bargaining half hour next week at the dealership perhaps?

Looking forward to reading and submitting more as we get to grips with our new 'baby' - once it lands on our driveway of course!

-LaZ-
Welcome to the Forum Lazarus,

I've had mine for a week now and it's truly a wonderful car. Now you'll hear a lot about DPF (not sure if you already know lots about it but here's my 2peneth worth). I had my first DPF on the way home on Friday - She'd done 407 miles and the DPF started - from my point of view .....NOTHING HAPPENED!

The Engine didn't start jumping around in the bonnet - the car didn't start swaying sideways, the tyres didn't blow up, lights didn't start flashing on and off an no sirens were blaring away. It was all in all a bit of an anti climax. I kept the revs at or about 2000 - and I noticed that the instantaneous milage wouldn't show 999.9 when cruising and this lasted for 14 miles. Then NOTHING HAPPENED again.

The secret to maintaining this control and performance - I just drove. That's it - nothing else.

So perhaps I've been exceptionally lucky and my time with DPF will come but at this stage I really can't get my head around some of the comments on here about the car being almost unfit for purpose and some people saying they are almost sorry they bought the car. I'm not having a go at those people as I'm sure they are telling the truth as they see it but as I said, from my point of view there seems to be a lot of over-exaggeration in comments like that.

DPF or not, it's agreat car and I hope you find as much joy in it as I am.

Good luck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank You JFDM, or may I call you JF for short?

The car is set to be used mainly by my wife, who's journey to work from Fife onthe East coast of Scotland to Stirling in the central belt, will take in a bit of through town followed by mostly A roads and a good blast down the motorway; seeing as she tends to drive with lead divers boots on I feel certain that most of the carbon will be expelled on a daily basis but, at least it'll be cheaper thanher running both a3Ltr Terrano and a Mazda 2 Tamura! We'll see eh?

What do i get? Her hand-me down 09 plate Hyundai i10 - I'll look like a friggincabbage-patch dollin a jam jar on my way to work ... I knew I should have kept that endowment policy a secret!

-LaZ-

·
Registered
571 Posts
JFDM said:
Lazarus said:

-LaZ-
Welcome to the Forum Lazarus,

I've had mine for a week now and it's truly a wonderful car. Now you'll hear a lot about DPF (not sure if you already know lots about it but here's my 2peneth worth). I had my first DPF on the way home on Friday - She'd done 407 miles and the DPF started - from my point of view .....NOTHING HAPPENED!

The Engine didn't start jumping around in the bonnet - the car didn't start swaying sideways, the tyres didn't blow up, lights didn't start flashing on and off an no sirens were blaring away. It was all in all a bit of an anti climax. I kept the revs at or about 2000 - and I noticed that the instantaneous milage wouldn't show 999.9 when cruising and this lasted for 14 miles. Then NOTHING HAPPENED again.

The secret to maintaining this control and performance - I just drove. That's it - nothing else.

So perhaps I've been exceptionally lucky and my time with DPF will come but at this stage I really can't get my head around some of the comments on here about the car being almost unfit for purpose and some people saying they are almost sorry they bought the car. I'm not having a go at those people as I'm sure they are telling the truth as they see it but as I said, from my point of view there seems to be a lot of over-exaggeration in comments like that.

DPF or not, it's agreat car and I hope you find as much joy in it as I am.

Good luck.
Welcome to the first of many regens. The only downside is watching your mpg and mileage left drop. Apart from that as you said nothing else.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, after noting the advice above, I checked the VIN under the pretence of an insurance issue and ... all is fine! A true MY2013 unit thank goodness. The Nav map has also been checked and, according to the dealer, is sitting at its latest release (I'll still double-check later on though).

Looking forward to Friday and the final exchange.

Next stop is a fixed Tow Bar ... quotes from £250 so far.

-LaZ-

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, she was collected today. I must say the 184PS feels quite capable. The wife is having a bit of trouble getting used to the clutch and the start-stop function ( we stalled 3 times trying to leave Asda! ) but, the Rhino boot liner fits great and the dog cage also, albeit a little bit shallow for a boxer and 2 mini dogs- they look like they are waiting on a Vietnamese restaurant...

Getting a tow bar fitted tomorrow, then I'll wash the flies off!

-LaZ-

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looking good - another one in the best colour available

I can see a paint up charge coming for white as it must be the most popular colour!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re- Lazarus, Caravan storage place in Kinglassie fitted mine, I got Arnold Clark Fiat kdy to take the car to them so I would just be able to pick the car up after work. £310 for a European plug. If you do go there mind state what plug/plugs you require. They put a single plug on mine (no good for man or beast when towing a caravan). He first quoted me £250. Have to take it back tomorrow morning to get it changed. £60 for doing it. Apart from that he is ok as he has done 2 previous cars for me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Paddymacs said:
...Caravan storage place in Kinglassie fitted mine...
That's where I got mine fitted too: Watson's Caravans Kinglassie. £250 all in and done in under 2 hours...

-LaZ-Edited by: Lazarus

1 - 20 of 25 Posts