Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sean are car is just over a year old now. It is good for towing but would not have one if I did not need to tow.
You need to get it for a very good price as it will loss a lot of money and as for the DPF it should work ok but it takes far to long to regenerate that is the trouble. You need to drive up to 18 miles to clean it and that is not always possible .
We have had and still got other diesel that can regenerate faster and use less fuel doing it. You could burn a gallon as the mpg goes down to 20 mpg and it can take 20 miles.
We have just had trouble with the regens but it looks ok again at the moment but if it starts to play up again the Dpf will be coming out.
Edited by: Keeff

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hi, Wecome. I have had my Antara from new, covering approx. 20,000 mls per year and had no problems. I think the problem is that people who have issues, write about them. People who are happy with their vehicles probably never write about them, so all you read about is the "bad".If you are in doubt, pay your deposite or more than £100 on a credit card,as you will be insured and if you do have any issues,they may be able to fight your corner.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi and welcome
I bought my Antara 57 plate in August and have had a few problems with it
ie new clutch and flywheel, warning lights coming on/off , front wheel abs sensor , o/s/f lower arm , etc.
BUT all sorted now under warranty
, Car drives great now and im happy with it , even more so as i`ve fitted a RACE CHIP to it , so now when i drive it it puts a smile on my face

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.