Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just today (well for 1 hour) took delivery of a 57 2.0d S Antara.

Lovely car. I shall tell you the story in a while.

I bought this car as we are planning on getting a caravan, having been campers for many years, and that my two teenagers have out grown my little car and fight for leg room (Ryan air flight springs to mind!)

So this afternoon I part exchanged my Ford KA for my nice shiny 4x4

got part way home and it stopped accelerating!! scary on one of the busiest roundabouts between Leeds and Bradford

Called the RAC and he diagnosed an accelerator problem, helped me limp it back to the garage, they are getting it sorted.

The RAC man told me not to let this put me off as in general these are reliable cars and that it probably wont give me another problem.

So hello everyone hopefully my next post will include a smiley face, and i will be picking your brains regarding towing, tow bars etc,but for now back in my little KA (which felt super little after driving the Antara.

·
Registered
211 Posts
good evening TheDuchess (never thought i would speak to a duchess)

I am sure you won't have many problems. I have a 12 plate Antara and all the problems i have had the garage have been able to fix. On the side of tow bars stuff, basically you want a dedicated wiring loom so your gismos work. There are lots of info on here about tow bars.

Hope your antara is fixed soon. They are great tow cars by the way! Iv done thousands of miles towing with mine and just keeps impressing me, they are so comfy and great for towing!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Duchess - another caravanner here who loves towing with my 57 plate SE Auto. Sure you will love the car and enjoy towing with it. After the KA just get ready for the higher fuel bills!
Paul

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, amdram it was the Tax that nearly killed me off!!! lol having looked into it and spent way to many off season camping trips freezing (even thought we had killed our dog this Easter) the money saved from having statics, and using a touring caravan will pay for fuel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi and welcome,
I have a 57 se, had a few problems with it but all sorted now (touch wood)
get yourself a race chip fitted as it will give you more power when towing and better fuel economy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.