Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed both front wheel bearings ,350 mile later the car went in for MOT. Passed with 2 advisories, slight play on both front bearings . They were bought from euro parts , Starline make . Anyone had same issue .

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Just changed both front wheel bearings ,350 mile later the car went in for MOT. Passed with 2 advisories, slight play on both front bearings . They were bought from euro parts , Starline make . Anyone had same issue .
Play in wheel bearings can be very subjective, have you tried them yourself? Were the hub nuts properly torqued up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Play in wheel bearings can be very subjective, have you tried them yourself? Were the hub nuts properly torqued up?
Hi thanks for reply , ye I have checked them myself, and they were torqued to manufacturers spec .I have been a mech for over 30 yrs and have not seen this before with this type of bearing .

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hi thanks for reply , ye I have checked them myself, and they were torqued to manufacturers spec .I have been a mech for over 30 yrs and have not seen this before with this type of bearing.
Nothing ruins wheel bearings quicker than over-tightening. Just out of curiosity, what torque did you tighten yours to?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts