Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i purchased a diesel antara 3 years go and have noticed a few lil things not right and need a little help. now please bare with me as i havent got a clue about cars but i now live in spain, language barrier makes it hard goin to garages etc so just wana know what to say when i do take it in.first thing is ever since ive had the car the passenger side window sounds as though its lightly open all the time as a whisltling noise comes from it. ive had it onto garage 3 times but they could not find any fault, anyone else experience this?
next, this past week my cooling fan kicks in everytime i turn off engine, even if im only drivin 5 min around the corner it still kicks in! ive checked water level which is fine and have had no warning lights come up.
number 3 : now and then my seatbelt warnin noise comes on even though everyone has there seatbelts on and my car alarm goes off now and then for no reason
finally number 4: as i mentioned i have moved to spain and the car is dues its first mot, does anyone know about matriculation from start to finish to give me a heads up please tia

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum,Firstly I am no expert and can only go on my own experiences with my own Antara but I have experienced some of your issues.
The fan coming on sounds like the vehicle is trying to regen the DPF so you need to take your car on a long run and keep the rpm above 2000. I am surprised your DPF light is not on?This will go out once your regen is complete by going on a long run keeping the rpm above 2000 a couple of motorway junctions normally cures this and is explained in your vehicle hand book. The seat belt warning sound may be linked to this as the only time I witnessed this was when I was regening my own vehicle.
With regards to your window this could be a poor fitting door or window seal but not had this problem myself.
As far as the alarm goes mine used to go off on my drive (on a slope) but this was due to a faulty inclination (slope/slant) sensor. I have read where people have switched off the interior sensor and this has stopped but not cured the problem and this is located on a switch next to the interior light switches.
If you are in Spain I would be tempted to locate an OPEL dealership as this is the European version of Vauxhall
Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for reply,where I staythe speed limit being 120km on motorways takes me over 2000 rpm anyways and you need to go onto motorways just to get to shops which is at least 20 min away which I do at least 3 times a week. there was a letter sent our a few months passed for recalls but I cant remember what for and I cant find the letter. did u get one? and no lights have shown at all this is why I am worried incase theres a fault the car is not picking up. its interesting you saying about slope as my house is on a very steep slope therefore the car is parked in the direction too so maybe I should find a flat area to park the car.
oh what pressure are your tyres sitting at?I found 2 separate info 1 saying front 30 bk 34 and 2nd saying all to be 35.
ah yes someone told me to go to Opel but ive heard the named dealerships r a rip off like the uk and as my warranty is void living over here I was going to take it to a normal garage whats your opinion?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi

A quick part on the recall. This was for a starter motor nut and a cable so nothing to do with your problems I would guess. To be safe I would call a Vauxhall/ Opel dealership who should be able to advise on this from your registration.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you are coved under a vauxhall warrantie like use in the UK then if we go to Europe we are coved at a opal dealer.
This is what I was told by a UK dealer when I took it to France.
Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi
Vauxhall will be able to check the recalls against your registration so give them a call at Luton but they will probably will not be free with you being in Spain but I seem to remember one of them being the fan but weather or not that is the problem then the best thing to do is get it checked out at an Opel dealership I know it cost more but if there are language barriers then at least they will have agood idea with the vehicle . With regards to the tyre pressures I go one what it says in the hand book.
Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.