Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, didn't realise there was an Antara owners club!

Im Dawn, me & my partner decided to buy our Antara after we initially went to buy a new Clio as Renault is stamped threw my heart all day long! Long story short, all I've ever owned are Clio's
Had 1.2's, 172's, 182's, 2 197's but I still have my baby .... Betty!My clio v6 255 which I truely adore!

But, the Clio was just too small. We kinda stumbled across the Antara in the showroom! So, we traded his Alfa Romeo Mito in & my 2 month old Rs 133 Twingo in for an ex demo Antara.

Strangely though, the cookie monster has heated seats but no trip computer!? Was quite bemused by this! Anyway, we still love the big old girl! So comfy & so not what I'm used to!

Ideally we'd like to get some parking sensors fitted (for me of course, woman driver an all that!) and some sill steps as I do struggle to get in!

Anyway, a few pics! Im a massive detail enthusiast & this beast is certainly a challenge!

Cookie Monster ...

Betty ... Sporting lovely black alloys which are now sadly back to oem silver

Cheers guys, I look forward to my time on what looks to be a great & helpful forum :)

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Hi Dawn welcome to the forum.

Glad you like your Antara and very nice pictures.

I'm glad to have someone else on here who likes to keep their car clean. Nearly everyone else on here prefer to let the rain wash their Antaras.

Btw nice plane you have as well
Edited by: Grumps

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hi dawn good to see other girls on the site nice car Betty before our daughter was born 16 yrs ago we used to have sports cars , but that changed and all we drive are 4x4 stared with a Nissan Tarrano then a Ford Explorer (loved that car)kept that for 13 years while hubby had his sporty ones, then moved onto Nissan Pathfinder, now we drive a Chevrolet Captiva which we got new last April, I am waiting on my White Antara SeNnav Auto 184 bps.
Your Antara is nice it shine,s just the way we like our cars kept, well done

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Grumps! Im mega obsessed with keeping our cars clean. Im yet to give the Antara a full decon & machine polish but it'll come soon! :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi Dawn and welcome to the club.

Nice pictures of your cars but I am sure that I heard an almighty sigh coming from north east of me when a certain member saw how clean your cars are kept

Oh wait a minute, it might even have been the realization that your "garage" is bigger than his "garage"

·
Registered
220 Posts
Antarius said:
Oh wait a minute, it might even have been the realization that your "garage" is bigger than his "garage"
Or that the other car in the garage has wings...... Is it a Piper Archer?

Whatever you fly or drive, welcome to the forum Dawn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks guys! What a lovely warm welcome! I am an aircraft engineer hence the lovely garage :)

Any meets that go on?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Grumps said:
Magpiev6 said:
Many thanks guys! What a lovely warm welcome! I am an aircraft engineer hence the lovely garage :)

Any meets that go on?
Oh what kind of aircraft engineer!!!

Nothing too fancy.......just a "plane" one

Sorry Magpie, I couldn't resist it.

Okay, sorry to you as well Derek for hijacking your sensible question with a silly answer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.