Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please I need some advice on how to remove the gear lever gaiter on my Antara, I have dropped the micro SD card from my satnav and I suspect that it has fallen through the gap around the edge in the transmission tunnel.I have all the luck.....

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club.If I remember correctly it just pulls upwards from the edge closest to the seats, if that makes sense.
I had to remove mine a couple of years ago to get at the usb connection.
Good luck at finding the card.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I know there is movement at the base of the gaiter so hopefully you are right and it comes out easily.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Rifca said:
Thanks, I know there is movement at the base of the gaiter so hopefully you are right and it comes out easily.
I've actually been tempted to remove it to see if I can get it to go back on tighter - it's not the best of fits!

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Yip forward and up. use something plastic so it doesnt mark the aluminum strip or fake chrome.

Good luck looking for the card.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for replying I removed the gaiter which revealed a chasm with lots of nooks and crannies, and couldn't see the SD card anywhere. I decided to remove the passenger side panel from the transmission tunnel. First off was the glove box, really simple 6 screws and two electrical connectors. Next a couple of screws on the side panel itself. Hmmm both the front and rear edge of the side panel is firmly retained in slots at the heater and the rear of the transmission tunnel and despite my efforts to remove it without breaking it in half it will not come off.I think the easiest route now is to buy a new card for the satnav.
Regards to all.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
They're not the cheapest....Vauxhall just gave me an SD card with the latest maps because my vehicle was manufactured 2 weeks before the change, and they would have charged £170 for the new maps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts