Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vehicle is a 2.2 cdti 184 ps and I love it to bits except for the constant (ie every 300 miles)the dpf is clogged, resultingin the coolingfans racing away after switching off, and the fuel economy drops through the floor after building up some good consumptionfigures. I am convinced that this can be programmed via the ecu to occur less frequently.By mapping it out to burn less fuel during warm upresulting in less soot for the dpf to deal with.Question:- can this forum bring any pressure on Vauxhall to relook at this very disappointing problem that is putting people off buying this vehicle. I know modern diesel engines have to have a dpf but not all are experiencing the same frequency of blocking up as this engine. I have friend with a Kia Sorrento who is also retired and does similar journeys to me and he hardy notices when the regen is happening so what is Vauxhalls problem.(apart from the car being built in South Korea and communication via G.M might not be as good as it could be)I welcome your comments.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I've read on here that most faults with the dpf regens are down to a faulty sensor.I'm sure that it would be easy for the garage to check.

when your car is regenerating the filter,lower mpg figures and cooling fan running on is all normal for a Antara.
Are you giving it a good run when the regen is happening?. My 2.2 diesel (manual) takes about 15/20 mins ,usually 2500rpm on the motorway.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You should be getting 500 miles if all is working ok. If you only do short runs with a lot of cold start you will struggle to do 500 . Are car is the same spec as yours and is going into the dealers in two weeks as we have dropped to 150 mile between regens and have just 1000 miles down to Paris and back. It was ok at 80 mph plus on the motorway but as soon as we got back it was regening every 150 miles. We are hoping it is a sensor or the erg valve not closing completely as for the last year it has been fine just regening every 500 miles. We also tow a cravan so dealers said it should getting a good clean out.
Some cars work better than others just because the engine design makes them produce less soot and they have worked out a way to get the dpf hotter faster. Some add a liquid into the fuel tank on every fill up to make the soot burn at a lower temperature but this will need filling after about 70000 miles at about £150 and this system does not clean out completely so dpf will need replacing sooner. It is the best system if you buy the car from new or low miles and do town driving most French car will use this system.
If the dealer cannot fix are car the dpf is coming out I am not going to sell it and loss a lot of money. I was speeding to someone at a vauxhall dealers and a lot of people are having then deleted and they will not look if the car comes in for repair work as one less dpf is better for them. Ask a taxi driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts