Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Help please :-(
I have had a problem with my climate control / heater on my 13 plate Antara SE Nav, the heater didn't work what ever setting it Was on it just blew out cold air. I took it in to the dealer who diagnose a faulty motor /servo ?? They replaced the part and all,was well for 2 hrs :-(

I took it back today with the same fault, they now advise an electrical gremlin ???? I feel that they don't have any idea what the problem is ?? Am I being paranoid ???

Advice please :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Kevin t said:
Hi all,
Help please :-(
I have had a problem with my climate control / heater on my 13 plate Antara SE Nav, the heater didn't work what ever setting it Was on it just blew out cold air. I took it in to the dealer who diagnose a faulty motor /servo ?? They replaced the part and all,was well for 2 hrs :-(

I took it back today with the same fault, they now advise an electrical gremlin ???? I feel that they don't have any idea what the problem is ?? Am I being paranoid ???

Advice please :)
I don't think you are paranoid at all. I had a different heater problem, for me the heater was on all the time,and it took my dealer nearly 6 months to fix it.

It seems to me that modern mechanics in main dealer workshops are generally incapable of doing anything unless their computer spews out a fault code and tells them which part to replace. They just don't seem to understand how modern cars work and are totally dependent on their diagnostic computers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate,
The manager actually said, in these circumstances we ask Vauxhall, and they advise us on what part need to be changed. I agree gone are the days of a"mechanic" actually diagnosing the fault. Interestingly today the damn thing will only blow out hot air ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.