Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a panic that the Antara I have just bought is a lemon.

For those that haven't seen my newbie post, i picked the car up a 57 plate 2l s Diesel 4x4 at 2pm yesterday and by 3pm was back at the garage courtesy of the RAC, it just slowed down and the diagnostics said it needs a new accelerator pedal. Garage are fixing it and hopefully will get it back Tuesday, but I don't know if I can trust it. I am supposed to be going to my parents in mid wales, about a 4 hour drive in a couple of weeks!!

is this a problem anyone else has encountered?, is it just unlucky? or is the car a bad choice?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, this is the 1st car I have bought by myself, always had Fords before, but needed a good tow car that could pull both a caravan and a horse box (obviously not at the same time, ha ha )and after much research decided on the Antara.

Guess it can't be any worse than my Ford KA it was only 4 years old with 20k on the clock and had gone through 2 suspension arms!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't worry the Antara is a reliable car check out other forums,qashqai, crossover,4008's if want problems.I got mine on a Wednesday and went camping to Cornwall on the Saturday did a thousand miles in a week and so far so good.Plus a really good tow car as well

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phoned the dealer today, still don't know when I am going to be getting my car

They have changed the sensor on the accelerator, but he thinks it has another problem.

I suppose at least it is getting sorted, but want to get it booked in for a tow bar fitting, as I have seen a great deal on a caravan.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi TheDuchess, I also have a mark 1 Antara, I have had mine since April. I have traveled from the lake district down to southampton and back and lake district down to London and back and not had any problem what so ever, I have found the car to be fantastically comfortable and it did both these journeys without a hitch! The car has done 4000 miles since I purchased it and nothing has popped up yet (Touch wood) Not even the dredded 'DPF' light. I have pretty much always had Vauxhalls and never had any major problems with any of them, I think you could have just been really unlucky with this and once its sorted I feel you will have many a happy motoring journeys with it :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.