Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 500 miles. The majority of these first 500 miles were motorway. Anyhow, nothing major, pretty undramatic to be honest & lasted approx 20 mins. Probably wouldn't have even known if it wasn't for this forum & knowing to look out for the drop in instant mpg.

Was on an average of 39 mpg but this dropped to 37 because of the regen.

·
Registered
782 Posts
It seems 500 miles is a pretty common interval for regens. My average is about 518.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My regens are more like every 300 miles, which seems a bit overkill if you ask me, but better to regen than risk clogging up I guess

·
Registered
215 Posts
it funny that i had my first regen at 510. then 968. then i was on the m/way during the next 1 and didnt notice it,so must have been approx 1500 but yesterday it tried a regen at 1726 when i pulled up at home.so some odd figures there.most of my driving is dual carriage way or motoway as i live very near the m way and all the major shops ect are only 10/15 miles away, or very close for me to walk.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Do you know what guys i still cannot figure it out so i am just going to drive the way i always do
because the fan seems to be on all the time when i stop and i can smell a slight burning, just like the Captiva i suspect that the DPF in the Captiva is closer to the engine than the Antara's so the Captiva's is a Active regeneration process as we have never had any problems with the light coming in in the 1 year and 2 months of having the car (just the fan is always on and running fast when we stop)As for the Antara it is obvious that the DPF is lower down and causing people to worry as it is a passive regeneration process, i do not know why Vauxhall have done this in the design of this car as it is can cause future customers to be off put by this problem.
As i said my Antara seems to be the same as the Captivia as my fan is always on when i stop for at least 4/5 min and running fast as if to cool down the engine
At first i thought it was because i had my aircon on then i thought your being daft
I have 0nly done 745 miles in the car since 9th May 2013 but the test will be next week when we take it to Darby now that will be interesting

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you have aircon on the fan does come on :), This is too help airflow through the condensor radiator (air con one ).

It is my old cool down device on long hills when towing van :) flick air con on

Only time my fan has been on when stopping, is once part way through a dpf regen and if i have air con on otherwise not on when i come to a halt.

Edited by: HoneyMonster

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had the second one at 990 miles. Again, no issue or any big palava or anything. However, we live 9/10 miles from our nearest town (which happens to be Honeymonster's home town of Berwick) so we regularly do minimum runs of 20 mile round trips & I would imagine this helps once a regen begins. Where I once lived, we never had much reason to go further than 2 or 3 miles most of the time.

Edited by: ♠ChumBucket♠

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
♠ChumBucket♠ said:
Just had the second one at 990 miles. Again, no issue or any big palava or anything. However, we live 9/10 miles from our nearest town (which happens to be Honeymonster's home town of Berwick) so we regularly do minimum runs of 20 mile round trips & I would imagine this helps once a regen begins. Where I once lived, we never had much reason to go further than 2 or 3 miles most of the time.

Little update-

Well, had another "full" regen today (day after above) SO yesterday's must not have finished. It was at it for approx 20 mins yesterday when I finally had to switch the engine off, thought it had done but today it started again & went for another good 20 mins!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts