Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting strange reads on my fuel gauge I can have half a tank then the next minute it will read a lot less. I wanted to check the fuel level sensor but can't seem to find it I've been told it's under the back seats

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hi, Is your battery up to spec. My wife's Chrysler had a low reading in the morning before the battery got charged up. Probably only 1/4 tank difference and only in the morning.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi yeah battery is fine it doesn't do it all the time after reading some posts before someone says about a faulty wire could cause it

·
Registered
104 Posts
From reading on other forums, the Antara/Captiva fuel tank is like an inverted U with two tank sensors, one in each leg of the U. There has been problems reported on the Chevrolet Captiva forum of sensor problems causing the problem you describe. They are under the back seat.
Edited by: Andyk

·
Registered
782 Posts
I had a similar problem with my previous car, a Volvo, and that turned out to be a faulty float sensor inside the fuel tank.

·
Registered
472 Posts
When you get down to reserve a warning light comes on and it tells you how far you haveto go till you run out of fuel

·
Registered
55 Posts
The back seats tilt forward. Access to the retaining mechanisms is via the spare wheel compartment. The spare wheel/polystyrene thingy needs to be removed. There are 2 retainers on each seat which need to be pushed forward to release the seats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts