Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, my wife has been driving our Antara on the motorwayand noticed the fuel gauge and fuel milage would suddenly drop to a different amount e.g. 243 miles down to 218 in the space of 10 minutes.

I too have noticed this, while driving around town the fuel gauge and fuel milage would decrease by a mile every 5 seconds. There are no warning lights on the dashboard and no black smoke coming from the exhaust.

Any help or information would be grateful.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Does it do it all the time? If not it is regening the dpf filter. The miles drop as you are only getting 20 mpg at that time . When it stops cleaning the miles remaining will start to go Back up. It thinks you are going to be doing 20 mpg all the time so drops your remaining mpg. When you go Back to normal 35 mpg it will recalculate the miles remaining.
It should only be doing it every 500 miles on avarage.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I notice my projected miles to empty numbers going up and down all the time. That figure is only an estimate based on how you are driving at the moment. If you are in slow traffic it will go down and if you are cruising at 60 it will rise.
Just in case it is a fault, you should probably monitor your MPG by noting the amount of fuel you are putting in at 2 or 3 fills and seeing if your overall real MPG figures are good or bad compared to normal.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mine does the same, I do a lot of town driving so my projected miles are low, but once a week I jump on the motorway and find by the time I get home the miles has actually gone up a couple of miles after a 30 mile round trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts