Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Vauxhall antara has an erratic fuel gauge below half full anyone else had this problem and if so what's the remedy.thanks

·
Registered
782 Posts
Had a similar problem on the previous car I had, a Volvo, turned out to be a faulty sender unit in the fuel tank. Had it replaced under warranty and was OK after that.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My cousin had same issue in her antara 2.0 cdti 09 reg, and as above it was faulty sender unit in fuel tank.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is that a big cost? My 09 S CDTi is the exact same.I thought it was perhaps a reaction to driving as it seemed to "refill" on longer journeys as the range increased on the trip computer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vauxhall checked it out and said the problem is within the tank. Which leads to it being a sender unit problem they told me that the Angara has 2 sender units within the tank but wanted a fortune to do this.they charged £50 to tell me the problem is within the tank.I believe the fuel pump/sender unit is accessible from under the rear seats through a cover plate.Hav nt yet investigated this yet but will do.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have had it on previous cars where the battery is not 100%.When started the gauge is at 1/2 tank, drive it for 10 mins and the gauge goes to 3/4tank :)
How old is your Antara? Is the battery ok?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Antara is 2009 had it from being 8 month old.my fuel gauge reads fine till it reaches half full then it can read anything from half full to nothing.I'm sure my battery is fine but will check it out.thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same, mine is 09 S CDTi manual. How do you get under the rear seats to have a look? Its really annoying not entirely knowing what is left in the tank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine 2.0 cdti auto 2009.If you look at the rear seat near floor you can see that the base is hinged and the whole seat base folds forward

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
You can fill up and set the mileage trip .that will tell how many miles you have done then about 300 miles fill up again .at least it's a guide till you sort it out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just had a quick look took out spare wheel moulding / undercover storage thing and you can see 4 pins that look as though they are sticking half way out,1 on each of the latches. I'm summising that these prise out releasing each latches.I don't know what these are like to remove or more importantly to reinstall. I'm only going on hearsay that this gives access to fuel tank sender unit. But at some stage I'm going to get to grips with it. Also as I was having a look an alternative is to remove the bolts that hold these latches onto rear of seat. Good luck..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts