Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone can help me. I own a vauxhall Antara 2.2 turbo diesel 62 plate.I'm getting the warning light for the fuel filter. I looked in the manual and it says the Diesel partical filter is blocked and it says I need to drive over 20k revs until it goes off but it keeps coming back after about 50 miles. I've even tried driving down the a1 in 3rd gear to see if that would clear it but I'm just waisting fuel. the warning light only came on after 5000 miles.anyone no another solution? ThanksEdited by: samallison

·
Registered
586 Posts
What symbol is illuminating, is it dpf light or fuel filter what does it look like? Is it fuel pump with rain drops next to it or exhaust smoke symbol

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi Sam, welcome to the club. Normally the fuel filter light means your fuel filter needs draining and re filling, it has nothing to do with the dpf so driving at 2k rpm wont help you need to drain your fuel filter, page 157 in manual.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replying. I called the rac and they just reset it and told me to drive harder and said the car was built for mostly motorway journeys.

·
Registered
586 Posts
As murthy1 says if it's "fuel filter" is probably got water in it and needs draining, what's the symbol that's lit

·
Registered
67 Posts
Had the same issue after 6k ... Water in filter warning light... The issue was a cracked fuel filter housing.

·
Registered
586 Posts
It's not fuel filter it's DPF, from what I can gather should be lasting 500plus miles before regen ing, get it booked in, it's normally sensors before and after DPF, that's what most people change and it settles down, good luck and keep us informed, I take it it's under warranty?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Andrew Im going go take it back to garage see what they say. I will keep everyone informedEdited by: samallison

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for the late reply I now sold my vauxhall antara for a kia ceed vr7 2014 diesel. Vauxhall now say we are the worst for these problems. Its all cars over 2.0 that are having the problem after the new emission law.so I got a 1.6 turbo diesel. :) going to collect it on Saturday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I had a drive at the dealers really smooth to drive. Pluss I was paying £100 to fill up my antara now im paying a lot less. Im saving alot of money. But sad to see my antara go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts