Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been told by my vauxhall dealer that as the serious diesel fuel leak at the front of my 2011 antara came from the corroded fuel filter it is not covered by the 3 year warranty Seems odd that such a fire risk is not covered. Fuel filters are serviceable items but I would have thought a corrosion leak like this would have been covered... this comes a
few months after the car was subject of a recall for a potential leak on the front fuel feed pipe.
anyone suffered a similar issue?...Vauxhall customer care have been no help

·
Registered
208 Posts
A corroded fuel filter can easily happen, they don't cost a great deal to replace and after 3 years of running depending on the mileage it should be changed anyway, but that's just my opinion....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a new member and delighted to see a response so quickly.

yes I agree completely.. the fuel filter is a relatively low cost serviceable item and the Antara is nearly 3 years old with 23000 miles on the clock so a new filter is a reasonable item .

What worries my wife and I is the fire hazard in the engine compartment. Are Vauxhall really producing components on the fuel line that corrode and cause a major leak in such a relatively short time?

Seems like a risk that should be engineered out before there is a tragedy?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome..
thought it best to alert other owners to this fuel filter fire risk.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Every car has a possibility of getting a fuel leak, it's the servicing engineers job to keep an eye open for possible issues, but just like in all trades there's good engineers and bad ones, you just have to hope you get a good one lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have just been told by the mechanic at my local Garage that I have a Diesel leak on my 2012 Antara so I will get it booked into the Vauxhall Garage I bought it from and hopefully it will be fixed under warranty.This is the latest in a long list of problems Ive had with the Antara in the 14 months I have owned it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Chevvy Captiva has fuel filters scheduled to be changed every 2 years or 20,000 miles whichever comes first. Series 2 Captiva's with the 2.2 Diesel engine have 2 fuel filters, 1 in the tank and 1 towards the engine. Series 1 up to 2011 have only 1 filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts