Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Antara Diamond for over 12 months and have always wondered what the section of the front lights unit next to the indicator in the bottom outside corner is for, it doesn't seem to light up with the lights so has anyone any idea what it's for ???

·
Registered
137 Posts
Can you post a photo so we know which version of lamp you have.

I've the bi-xenon but cannot remember the layout and it's too cold to go out and look.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The same headlight unit as the one on the forum home page.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Diamond Dave said:
The same headlight unit as the one on the forum home page.
But I'm not actually looking at the forum's home page.

I rather was hoping you could highlight or mark the area you meant?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Diamond Dave said:
Had my Antara Diamond for over 12 months and have always wondered what the section of the front lights unit next to the indicator in the bottom outside corner is for, it doesn't seem to light up with the lights so has anyone any idea what it's for ???
On mine there's nothing next to the indicator nor room for anything else,

I'm confused by your "bottom outside corner".
Whomping great amber lamp there but it is just the indicator.

If you mean something else please draw a picture or something.

·
Registered
137 Posts
mr.ian said:
could it be for an orange side marker for the north american market?
OT ;-)

Here's a good laugh, the most mind boggling Gordon Bennett set of rules and regs anyone could dream up: our dear old lighting regs http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/regulation/18/made

Merikan indicators stay on and flash off (i.e. side marker lights whereas ours are separate white ones) whereas we may not show any solid light forwards of the vehicle unless they're white, or pedal cycle reflectors or ... or very long Gordon Bennett list of stuff. Hence our AMBER (not orange) indicators stay off and flash on.

BTW using indicators at junctions and roundabouts etc is not optional ;-)

If you are stupid enough to import a Merikan car you have to have the lights fixed, for one thing the rear indicators are red if I remember right. But also of possible interest you must have the 4-wheel geometry and steering fixed not only to make them actually go round corners but to make them safe, apparently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts