Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys thought you would like to look at the Front DRL which look great against the black paintwork.
Also had the back panel painted Silver to break it up a bit

Hope you like
any comments welcome

·
Registered
422 Posts
Looks great for me, where did you connect drl's?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Looks good, I painted front and rear skids a while back, makes a difference, looks smart

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
comes with s kit connects to battery and takes a feed from h lights.
DRL are on until headlamps go on as required by law.
Got an auto electrician to fit but in hindsight could have done it myself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
E bay or you can get from the Ali Baba site or
There's was a member on here selling them half price
They look really good and are much brighter than they look in the photos

My only disappointment is the crome finish wont last for a lot of years as the finish is starting to deteriorate after2 years.
Apart from that I'm very happy.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Now THATS what I am talking about and wondered if I could do......awesome!

I would appreciate some links though to the sites which you used as they are tried and tested, as I dont want to fall fowl of buying anything duff.

Wow, just wow!

Edited by: edgejedi

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div ="gs-title">drl's for sale - Vauxhall Antara Forums - Page 1
<div ="gsc--top"><div ="gs-bidi-start-align gs- gs--short" dir="ltr">www.antaraownersclub.com
<div ="gs-bidi-start-align gs- gs--long" style="-ms-word-break: break-all;" dir="ltr">www.antaraownersclub.com/forum/drls-for-sale_topic1093.html

<table ="gsc-table-result"><t><tr><td ="gsc-table-cell-thumbnail gsc-thumbnail"><div ="gs-- gs-web-- gs-web---landscape">
</td><td ="gsc-table-cell-snippet-" ="if .Name == 'gsc-table-cell-snippet- gsc-collapsable' .Name = 'gsc-table-cell-snippet- gsc-collapsable'; else if .Name == 'gsc-table-cell-snippet- gsc-collapsable' .Name = 'gsc-table-cell-snippet- gsc-collapsable'; ;"><div ="gs-title gsc-table-cell-thumbnail gsc-thumbnail-left">drl's for sale - Vauxhall Antara Forums - Page 1

<div ="gs-bidi-start-align gs-snippet" dir="ltr">Antara front drl upgrade I bought these but never fitted as I sold my car will come with all needed to fit paid about £120 will sell for £75 posted
</td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
450 Posts
Just bought an eBay set.... im no technician.... are they reasonably straight forward to fit?

Hope I don't get slaughtered by customs...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just finished fitting "Proper DRLs" to my pride and joy as per Lawrence in this thread

I was dreading actually getting the old chrome surrounds off and installing the new ones with the LEDs but this turned out to be the easiest job!!
Although the connexions required are simple i.e. one connexion to battery -ve (earth), one from LED control box to intercept the +ve to the sidelights (legal requirement to make sure the LEDs turn off when sidelights, heads or fogs are turned on) and lastly one to a +ve feed that only is powered when the ignition is turned on. This last one has turned out to be a complete pig.

I wanted to pick up an accessory feed from under the bonnet, but having failed to find one had to run the wiring into the inside and pick up a temporary feed from the cigar lighter fuse in the footwell. This proved to work OK but I would really still like to pick up the feed from under the bonnet. Has anyone got access to wiring diagrams that would enable a source to be identified that only becomes live when the ignition is on?

If this is not possible then a feed from the actual wiring at the back of the cigar lighter rather than the fuse box. In this latter case does anyone know how to get to this without dismantling the whole inside of the car over the transmission tunnel? Does the cigar lighter and USB mounting pop out at all? Tried a bit of gentle persuasion but no luck and I did not want to end up breaking it!!

Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Keeping them for time been but will bear you in mind if I finally decide to get rid of!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good effect with DRL's. Just twin exhaust pipes on the rear to finish the rear end off. The chrome twin tip versions on the Chevvy Captiva fit the Antara as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I was looking at these on e-bay. Says for Antara to 2013. Does any know if these would fit last years model ?.
Also ones that don't mention a year. Look the same. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts