Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,Just had a Tyre replaced on my Antara at my Vauxhall dealership in Sheffield today and they did a so called "Health Check" on the vehicle.They Picked up that my front pads were down to 3mm and the discs could do with being replaced at the same time!

I asked how much and they quoted me £800!
After i picked myself up of the floor i told them to put the wheel back on and forget it.
They have also as a result of this lost my custom for the major service and MOT in March.
I have had a quote from Kwik Fit for the discs and pads for £324.15 including vat and fitting also warranty on the pads and discs while i am the owner of the vehicle. I asked about the quality of the parts and they told me these are the same make that they fit to lease cars which do high mileage. He fell about laughing when i told him what i had been quoted at the dealership.
Just goes to show that these dealerships are total ripoff merchants!SO BEWARE

·
Registered
448 Posts
The so called health check is normally, at most places, a way of finding work, I was even asked to sign a waiver once at a Vauxhall dealership because they found the air con condensing radiator had a small damage to the fins when doing a recall on the steering wheel control unit and I declined replacement offers at near £900, (figure that one out must have spent longer looking for something on the car than doing the actual work), it was like trying to frighten me into saying yes, I politely pointed the service desk operative towards the toilet and told him what he could wipe with the waiver....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Try eurocarparts. £130 inc. vat. They are OE on most German cars (Pagid)plus fitting. Use local indy. or mobileand your probably looking at £50. I fit my own .
Edited by: chrisg

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just call to Car People Sheffield, I bet they will give you better price than KwikFit and you can choose a kind of pads you want.
Pagid is a good brand, I had them on insignia.

·
Registered
147 Posts
gyrolaser said:
Hi Everyone,Just had a Tyre replaced on my Antara at my Vauxhall dealership in Sheffield today and they did a so called "Health Check" on the vehicle.They Picked up that my front pads were down to 3mm and the discs could do with being replaced at the same time!

I asked how much and they quoted me £800!
After i picked myself up of the floor i told them to put the wheel back on and forget it.
They have also as a result of this lost my custom for the major service and MOT in March.
I have had a quote from Kwik Fit for the discs and pads for £324.15 including vat and fitting also warranty on the pads and discs while i am the owner of the vehicle. I asked about the quality of the parts and they told me these are the same make that they fit to lease cars which do high mileage. He fell about laughing when i told him what i had been quoted at the dealership.
Just goes to show that these dealerships are total ripoff merchants!SO BEWARE
Just checked with local Chevrolet Dealer on Pads and Discs on the Front, which are very likely to be same as the Antara. Whoo Hoo £325.00 inc VAT. Just shows that VX dealer is not competitive.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I nearly fell off my chair when i got a quote off vauxhall for the brakes. I said this on another post its mad how a dealer can justify £800 just for one set of disks and pads!! so its basically double that if you want the whole lot done. Ill be going with halfords as they do a good deal with free replacement pads!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts