Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon All,
Does anybody else think that the front bumper of the antara is really low for a 4x4?
I know it's no rock crawler but I was driving across a field last night and I was taking the top off of the mole hills??

Is there a mod to take the bottom part of the bumper off?

Has anybody else thought this?? Or is it just me?

·
Registered
92 Posts
No it is very low mine grounds out when getting it out of the garage on a gentle slope . I believe it is possible to remove the lower skirt underneath the bumper I'm sure someone has done it on this forum ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think they are low but I had a freelander 1 that had a front like a boat and would go light at the front at about 90 mph. We have a184 bhp and it is good for 125 mph I think it is like this to stop it going light.
It would be good if you can take it off if we get snow so keep us up dated please.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There have to be compromises between off road capabilty and high speed performance, not just aerodynamics. Anyone ever tried doing 70 in a Land Rover Defender with mud tyres on!

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Yes it does come off. Someone has done it but im not sure where the thread has gone. the only problem was the towing eye being exposed if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
782 Posts
For those who might not be aware, if you ever need to be towed, you will need to remove half of the lower bumper to gain access to the towing eye socket.

Not the easiest thing to do on a cold, dark, winter's night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts