Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had to replace the anti roll bar bushes. I have a 2009 2.0 s diesel, its only covered 30000 miles, which I thought a bit odd for the bushes to need replacing.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hi, it all depends on its history. If its been driven hard over speed bumps then that would not surprise me!.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have not replaced the anti roll bar bushes, but have rplaced all the drop links as the bushes were worn. Easy enough to do though.

Andy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone

When reversing I'm getting a clonk as the wheels lock over, took it to garage cv joints were fine he traced it to the anti roll bar. That said though there is a low knock from the drop link when the road is rough. don't know if that is a Antara quirk though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had both front drop links replaced at 7k miles on my 13 plate car, this was because of knocking on uneven surfaces

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I have a 2012 antara and am now on my third anti roll bar on drivers side ??? The dealer was going to contact vauxhall to see if this a problem they are having ??? No reply yet

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hi, I have a small knock from the front suspensionwhen going over un-even road surfaces, so all the time then

I am guessing its the drop links. I have looked at various sites but there are lots of different part numbers for the same vehicle. I have a 2013 2.2 (163) front wheel drive model. Has anyone purchased drop links, where from and is it as easy as it look?Thanks

Forgot to add. Is the suspension covered by the warranty?

Edited by: chrisg

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Anyone ?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yes suspension parts should be covered by the warranty, I would try this first, if you start messing with things and fitting non OEM parts it would only cause trouble. Failing that drop links are an easy part to fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts