Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For thoses that do not know...
I have had 2 Audi's my last being the flagship A8...a 55 plate I had for over 2 years...it goes into Audi for a service faultless and 1 day after picking it up...then taking it back it need £2300 which I reluctantly spend...pick up and two days later faulty again....go back and they want another £2400 so I cut my losses and buy the EX DEMO Antara...under Warentee etc so as not to have these problems and I hoped a few years trouble free motoring...
Not with my luck...
Gone in for its 2nd service (1st service in my ownership) and apparently the reason the tyre is going bold drivers front only on the outer edge is because its rubbing the inner arch...(see my other post)
However they are saying its because there is DAMAGE to the suspension and "possibly" lower "arm(S)" as you can imagain I'm livid.
I know for a fact as I'm the only one to drive it I have never so much as clicpped a curb drove into a ditch or anything that would cause damage, so they sold me the car like this!!!!!
I even remember pointing out the drivers front tyre to the salesman on testdrive but it was not as bad as now and he said they would check it out...
I've been back to them twice with the tyre issue since then....
I've argued my corner...and they are "checking its history" and speaking to the sales manager...but I'm not holding my breath....they could (and have not yet to my supprise) told me all cars are checked before sale and it was fine before we sold it you...but at the end of the day they could doctor this report....
Stragley the car itself has been great, other than the trye drives and performs as it should...but If I end up having to pay a penny to damaged suspension that I know for a fact must have been there before I bought it..its going....I'll get another Mercedes...ML.

Vauxhall service has been poor from day one...I live in Bolton Manchester and got the car from St Helens because of how I was treated at bolton...
The took 6 months to get the Service book from St Helens
3 trips to them to have a key coded as they had lost the spare
I have to take it a Vauxhall garage to have the dash clock changed!
So nothing against the Car I like it in fact...its not its fault its damaged even....but when you spend £18k on any car you expect a level of service...The only reason I did not get an ML Merc is that I have already had one in the past and wanted something differant...
Should know more by end of today...
On another note...how do they manage to get so LITTLE power from the 1.4 in this Meriva they lent me....its unbelievably slow....

·
Registered
448 Posts
The clearance around the wheels is significant on the Antara, there has to be some serious damage to allow the tyre to touch, is it only doing it when turning ? You must hear it surely ?

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
The dealer have no way of proving you did the damage if the car was a demo. Either a member of staff who used the car or a customer on a test drive damaged the car so they have to accept some responsibility.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But I've had the car from start Sept, thats 7 months....its not a case of not being able to prove I did it or not its proving it was there when I bought it...wow and behold the salesman I delt with is no longer there either.....he had a list of jobs to do before I would say yes...
Small dent above fuel cap (sorted)
No spare key ( Took 3 trips to the garage but now sorted)
No service book (Took 6 months, got a copy the other month.
Uneven tyre wear front drivers wheel (the important one)
Scriatch to passanger door handle (Never been sorted)

Just hope they have his list....as they are saying the damage has been done while I've had it...which is rediculuos...I'd know if I caused it and from what they say there should be wheel damage and the wheels are like new....so brassed off right now...
They say they have all the CARDS for the car and none mension damage....well why should they if they did it would have been fixed surely....I hate these situations, your backed into a corner and its just your word against theirs....
Just proves you can't even buy a "new" (ex demo) car and not have hassle.....
Fell like getting shut and buying a cheap old golf diesel....if it breaks just scrap it and buy another it will work out cheaper and there are zero running costs bar fuel, tax and insurance....why service it...if its got good tyres etc and runs run it till it pops....

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know you'd probably be on the wrong side of the law for doing this, but in situation like this I always get the (metaphorical)urge to park the vehicle in such a way that no one could get on/off the dealers site, making sure it's on the dealers property and not public highway.

When asked to move would reply "I can't, suspension damage so the car must be unsafe to drive".

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Pinkie15 said:
I know you'd probably be on the wrong side of the law for doing this, but in situation like this I always get the (metaphorical) urge to park the vehicle in such a way that no one could get on/off the dealers site, making sure it's on the dealers property and not public highway.

When asked to move would reply "I can't, suspension damage so the car must be unsafe to drive".

He can do that, he is not breaking the law if he also wants to protest he can also do that as long as he is not on there land , personally I would name and shame local and national press vauxhall also have a FB page put your complaint on there a customer care will be quick in getting in touch, he could also get a independent inspection done with a report and shove it up there nose

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just come off the phone to the Sales manager....I've had the car 7 months they had it 3....he can not fix "damage" that can not be proven to have been there prior to me buying....so I have to foot the bill...he did say they would do it a COST...how kind.....but did not have a price....how organised...if its a few hundred quid I'll just get it done as will help in selling it on.....if its like £1000 or so they can stick it....I'll pay for the service and get the tyre turned around and chip it in against a German car or Jag I've had enough....
After I've removed my rear Headrests and replaced with originals and side steps....vauxhall....I'll never have another.......

·
Registered
142 Posts
RO55Y do you have anything documented from the dealer such as a investigation report in regard to the front tyre wear before you took delivery of the vehicle? if not how long was it after taking delivery of the vehicle did you first take the vehicle back in regard to the tyre wear?
If you have no documented evidence thatthe vehicle had an issue with tyrewear before you took possession, for example that the tyre wear issue would be sorted prior to delivery had been noted on theinitial purchase invoiceor similar then you are in a tricky situation as it is your word against thedealership, especially if the salesman involved has left.

hence probably why the dealership has offered to do the work at cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts