Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I would be interested to know if anyone has fitted or even priced, the Flex Fit bike carrier system. I can find very little info on it as a post purchase fit despite it taking up several pages in the user guide.
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I phoned my local dealership 6 months after buying my Antara from them to price this for me and was told it cannot be retro fitted. It's only a factory fitted option when new. It's to do with the way the chassis & body are fitted according to them.
I've gone for a towbar & a platform carrier from PF Jones & eBay respectively. Very reasonable prices and only 8 bolts to fit it. Did mine in a few hours last weekend

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the Info, this was anticipated. I have a MaxxRaxx tow bar system which I will likely now install, my challenge is that I've just added parking sensors to the Antara that I suspect will conflict with a tow bar mounted system.
Thanks again for taking time to respond

·
Registered
20 Posts
No problem. If you have the Maxxraxx system you may probably know this already but here goes.
Some Antara's have a thing called trailer prep which is a pre-wired socket attached to the right chassis just behind the exhaust rear box. If yours has this & you plug in a dedicated wiring harness it will disable your parking sensors.
If yours doesn't have this then it doesn't matter what you fit, they will interfere with the sensors.
Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.