Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just. wondered if anyone has changed the bulbs for something, ahem, *better* in the main front headlight please?

Also, has anyone fitted or considered fitting DRLs to the front? I'm. just not convinced on the front lighting, the rest of the car looks awesome but I think the designers must have got bored and gone for a cuppa when it came to lighting.

Edited by: edgejedi

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the SE Nav, so have xenon headlights but have thought that having the other lights (parking lights or whatever you call them) look naff since they're not xenon. Has anyone changed those at all?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got some of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-W5W-T10-501-LED-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-8-SMD-HID-XENON-WHITE-/191171389005?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c82b3e64dTook of front grill (be carful with the little plastic clips) this will then give you access to all 3 bolts holding the headlight in. (I drew round mountings so I could get them back in the same place) Slide out headlight remove electric clipsswap blubs over but I found that I had to use a small screwdriver to close gap between connectors otherwise they sometimes flashed. Refit in reverse. Total time it took me was about 30 minutes.

I think call me vain if you like but I think it makes the front of the car look better.

I also put one of the same blubs in the reverse light to see if it helped the dismal light in there but to be honest it didn't make any difference. If anyone has a better idea of how to make the reversing light better please let me know.

·
Registered
121 Posts
2Dogs said:
Got some of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-W5W-T10-501-LED-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-8-SMD-HID-XENON-WHITE-/191171389005?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c82b3e64dTook of front grill (be carful with the little plastic clips) this will then give you access to all 3 bolts holding the headlight in. (I drew round mountings so I could get them back in the same place) Slide out headlight remove electric clipsswap blubs over but I found that I had to use a small screwdriver to close gap between connectors otherwise they sometimes flashed. Refit in reverse. Total time it took me was about 30 minutes.

I think call me vain if you like but I think it makes the front of the car look better.

I also put one of the same blubs in the reverse light to see if it helped the dismal light in there but to be honest it didn't make any difference. If anyone has a better idea of how to make the reversing light better please let me know.

Are those ones road legal?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.