Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 12 months on completely trouble free, just booked my first service, I can't believe the difference in price between dealerships and how much they will drop price to get business! Was quoted anywhere from 174 all in to 309. Knocked my local dealership down, which is where I got car from, from 289 to 200all in! Beware make sure you look round and haggle!

·
Registered
217 Posts
My closest 2 dealers were £100 apart in their quotes! It was the same story with my wife's Hyundai, I paid £249 which was the lowest quote, highest was over £400!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My first service was £109 plus I supplied theoil (I purchased that at £17-50). Cost me £12 to cover me for the courtesy car. That was at Arnold Clark. arranged it through there customer centre.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting find, found on my.vauxhall.co.uk their pre paid debit card, it's a preload card which is accepted at 30 high street stores, you get money/points back to spend at vauxhall dealerships on service/repairs/parts/accessories, you get back between 3 and 5 percent, so we do our weekly shop at asda which is always about £100. We get 3.5% back that's £14 pcm that's £168 per year!! Signed up and cards on way!! Mine is being serviced start of feb then was going to start a service plan, won't bother now!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Who got charged for a courtesy car, grief!

Never been charged for a loaner.

Current cars both Vx are on service plans with everything covered up front, very reasonable.

·
Registered
147 Posts
AntaraMatt said:
Servicing seems much cheaper in Scotland. I got my first service booked for £260 and that was the 'cheaper' option!
It is. As long as you avoid the big monopoly dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts