Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally had enough of my Antara and decided its time to cut my losses and sell up.The last 10 months there has just been problem after problem and the dealer I bought it from seem to make as little effort as possible to fix anything so this will be the last Vauxhall I ever buy.

the latest list of issues are :
Battery flat again for no reason ......
DPF light came on last week even though I regularly drive 80 mile round trips on dual carriageways
Front tyre is badly worn at one side - Garage says they cant see any reason why !!
Rear tail gate is slightly off and rubbing causing rust - took it to the garage 3 weeks ago and they said they would have to check if it was covered under Warranty and would phone me back - they never called.

These are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to listing faults.
My other half uses the jeep to transport her disabled son and having a battery that goes flat for no apparent reason is out of the question !

I will lose around 5K in less than a year but at least it means I will never have to deal with Peter Vardy Aberdeen again.

One very unhappy soon to be ex Antara owner.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know how you feel don't think I'll be that far behind you. In the last 12 months mine has been in the garage 4 times most recently for a week and I still haven't got it back yet . To make matters worse it's shortly out of warranty and I just don't have any confidence in its reliability . I certainly don't want another antara but may consider a petrol model vauxhall , but I'm through with modern diesels for sure wouldn't touch a euro 5 or 6 diesel with a barge pole

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.