Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Had my Antara (62 plate Exclusiv with AWD) about 3 months now and really like it. There's the odd thing I don't like (it seems to vibrate a lot!) but find me a perfect car and I'll bet I can't afford it!

Anyway, couple of questions:

AWD - when this kicks in do you just feel that it's working rather than anything come on? I know according to the manual what the light flashes it means a fault but I wasn't sure if anything happens when it's working (like with a regen I can just tell by the MPGbut the dashboard doesn't tell you). What does it "feel" like when it does kick in?

ECO button - I've got a manual gear box, other than stop / start does it do anything? In my head I can pull away faster with it off, but not sure if I'm imagining that!

The boot - this is a ridiculous question, but as you have to press the unlock button twice to open the boot, if I've not done that and the engine is running do I just press it again to open it? I've tried this a couple of times but it didn't seem to work so ended up getting out and zapping it (strange I know).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Good afternoon clipper1981
I have had my Antara now 2.5 years and still love the car. Its the same model as yours.
On the vibration side well mine doesnt seem to do this as mine is lovely and smooth. If you talking about tick over yes its a bit gruff but thats just the engine.

On the side of the AWD well basically you dont know when its running as thats the beauty of the helux system as its there to get you moving. The backs will just kick in when the car detects a slip on the front wheels. There might be an odd occasion if you put your foot on the floor hard and its slippy the car will go side ways, this mean the back wheels are working but you will also find the car will correct its self.

The ECO button does not make any difference to MPG other than switching off the stop start system.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Clipper, MrAntara answered your questions but thought I would add with the boot lock, I don't like shopping, I'll happily drop Mrs Beany off at the shops and pick her up when she finishes, when I collect her I just press the lock button on my door and that releases the boot lock so the shopping can be thrown in the back, so I don't need to press the car key fob. Hope that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.