Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start this topic to see what serious faults are appearing on the Antara and to log what have been done to resolve them.
Try and keep it short and sweet for easy reading.

To start with mine....

Alarm kept activating, found the rear quarter light window had a faulty sensor strip, replaced the window.

Particle filter cleans every 300 miles and doesn't switch off until you switch the engine off, found a faulty sensor.

Anyone else had any issues?Edited by: Pondpaul

·
Registered
26 Posts
From day 1 my front fog lights don't work, the light comes in the dash but the fogs don't come on. Over the course of the last 3 weeks the central locking will only work from the key being inserted into the door, the alarm sounds every time I start the car, the BC resets itself every time the car is turned off, completely to factory settings. Not really a good start for a car not even a month old and my very first Vauxhall.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As yet the fault hasn't been sorted.Idecided to get rid ( it finally went last week )and after 18 years of diesels decided to go back to petrol.
Got a crap offer from local Honda dealer so sold it to my brother in law so he can use it in connection with his business and claim everything back.....he says he is having the DPF removed and the ECU remapped( more money than sense ) but time will tell
Sayshe's going into dealers this week to get it sorted

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Busterboy said:
As yet the fault hasn't been sorted.I decided to get rid ( it finally went last week ) and after 18 years of diesels decided to go back to petrol.
Got a crap offer from local Honda dealer so sold it to my brother in law so he can use it in connection with his business and claim everything back.....he says he is having the DPF removed and the ECU remapped ( more money than sense ) but time will tell
Says he's going into dealers this week to get it sorted

That's good you will be able to head over to the Honda forum from now on and complain to them about your CRV.

Get your brother in law to join up so we can get his opinion of your faulty Antara.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Antara, faults? What faults?
I just hope I haven't spoken too soon but I have detected not a single issue on mine so far. Fingers crossed, I hope it continues that way.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Grumps said:
Busterboy said:
As yet the fault hasn't been sorted.I decided to get rid ( it finally went last week ) and after 18 years of diesels decided to go back to petrol.
Got a crap offer from local Honda dealer so sold it to my brother in law so he can use it in connection with his business and claim everything back.....he says he is having the DPF removed and the ECU remapped ( more money than sense ) but time will tell
Says he's going into dealers this week to get it sorted

That's good you will be able to head over to the Honda forum from now on and complain to them about your CRV.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And whilst you are at it Busterboy (Hobbynut), you can maybe stop lambasting the Antara on caravan forums as well, and sing the praises of your CRV instead !!!!

MatEdited by: 8342mat

·
Registered
659 Posts
Busterboy said:
As yet the fault hasn't been sorted.Idecided to get rid ( it finally went last week )and after 18 years of diesels decided to go back to petrol.
Got a crap offer from local Honda dealer so sold it to my brother in law so he can use it in connection with his business and claim everything back.....he says he is having the DPF removed and the ECU remapped( more money than sense ) but time will tell
Sayshe's going into dealers this week to get it sorted

Good luck with the Honda
, I sincerely hope that you enjoy the car.

There is however one thing that I find puzzling and for the life of me, I cannot and do understand why you have sold a car that is by your description worse than just "faulty", to your brother in law.

Even in circumstances where you might not like your brother in law, I find it surprising that you would sell such a problem car, to what is after all her husband and therefore her family.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Surely you don't hate them so much that you would do that to them or is it the case that you may have slightly exaggerated the faults on your Antara and that is why the purchase took place.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As explained brother in law runs own business and isn't reallytthat bothered about money and he got a bargain.As fot Grumps and the othercharacter it appears its OK to join a forum as long as you agree with Grumps....hilarious...

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Busterboy said:
As explained brother in law runs own business and isn't reallyt that bothered about money and he got a bargain.As fot Grumps and the other character it appears its OK to join a forum as long as you agree with Grumps....hilarious...

Plenty people dont agree with me and i dont have a problem with people complaining about their Antara because i do and i have never said at any time its perfect.

You didn't really answer Antarius's question. Strange that you can afford to lose money on your Antara and go buy another car

·
Registered
659 Posts
Busterboy said:
As explained brother in law runs own business and isn't reallytthat bothered about money and he got a bargain.As fot Grumps and the othercharacter it appears its OK to join a forum as long as you agree with Grumps....hilarious...

Hi Busterboy, you nearly had me going there !

I was about to "bite" until I realized that it was obviously an "April Fool's" joke on your part

Very, very funny !!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I had the same problem as you have stated , it turned out to be a crack in the main fuse board,
Once Vauxhall replaced it i have not had a problem since.
Must admitt the garage were very helpfull and the after market service excellent

·
Registered
26 Posts
Took mine to another VX dealer that came recommended, they had the car overnight and they fixed every single fault on it! So I'm a very happy man again, I love the Antara and even with these few teething problems I don't regret getting it for a minute!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ste8270 said:
Took mine to another VX dealer that came recommended, they had the car overnight and they fixed every single fault on it! So I'm a very happy man again, I love the Antara and even with these few teething problems I don't regret getting it for a minute!!

Hi Ste,

Good to hear that your car is now running as it should

Now go and enjoy it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts