Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we bought our used Antara it had Nexen tyres on it. These were terrible. Massive understeer. Very dangerous. When the fronts wore out I put original spec Continentals on. These where better but still the understeer was there, but more controlled. I have just put 4 Uniroyal Rain Sport 3 tyres on which I bought mail order from camskill. These are fantastic. I would say they are the best tyre I have ever put on any car. Massive grip, quiet and good ride comfort. And cheap too.Edited by: Timbo

·
Registered
121 Posts
Are yours 235/50/R19's? Mine came with Hankook's on it, and they're just fine. Priced them at around £160-170 each.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stephenpm said:
Are yours 235/50/R19's? Mine came with Hankook's on it, and they're just fine. Priced them at around £160-170 each.
They are 235/55/18 100H

On Camskill they are £74.15 each plus delivery. I paid a tyre fitter £60 for fitting and balancing. So all in about £92 a tyre.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow - thanks for the lead - always good to know more tyre suppliers! I use eTyres at the moment and have done for a while, but these guys undercut them, even including the additional fitting.

Im assuming this is the site?http://www.camskill.co.uk/

Edited by: edgejedi

·
Registered
121 Posts
I saw a set of Michelin Latitude Sport 3's - they're £127.75 a tyre. Does anyone know if they're any good?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
edgejedi said:
Wow - thanks for the lead - always good to know more tyre suppliers! I use eTyres at the moment and have done for a while, but these guys undercut them, even including the additional fitting.

Im assuming this is the site? http://www.camskill.co.uk/
Yes, that's the place. First time I have used them as I normally use mytyres. Will use camskill again.Edited by: Timbo

·
Registered
211 Posts
stephenpm said:
I saw a set of Michelin Latitude Sport 3's - they're £127.75 a tyre. Does anyone know if they're any good?
I have Michelin latitude cross on mine and they are great! You have grip in all weathers, rain, sleet and snow! and they are hard wearing too!!
I use asda for my tyres and they are great and cheaper than the usual places!

·
Registered
121 Posts
MrAntara12 said:
I have Michelin latitude cross on mine and they are great! You have grip in all weathers, rain, sleet and snow! and they are hard wearing too!!
I use asda for my tyres and they are great and cheaper than the usual places!
Brilliant, thanks! They looked good rating-wise but just wanted to double check! Will be a good while before I need any but never hurts to plan ahead! :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Im likely needing some 19" tyres for the alloys, but can anyone confirm what fitting I will need please (Im at work at the moment)? Tyres are to go on the original 19" alloys.

235/50/R19? I guess its just the profile that may differ....not sure which profile is 'best'? 50/55?

If so, Im looking at either

Nexen Tyres / SUV 4x4 / Nexen NFera RU1 - 235/55 R19 105V XL TL

or

Hankook Tyres / SUV 4x4 / Hankook K115 Ventus Prime 2 Hankook K 115 - 235/55 R19 101H TL

Not much difference in price, both about £89 each but the Nexens are apparently more fuel efficient. Ive had Nexens on a 4 x 4 before and they were fine.

Any thoughts?

Edited by: edgejedi

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
How many miles are you getting from your tyres?

My front set will be due and will have covered approx. 27k mls.I cover approx. 25k/year and drive on the motorway a lot,but I do drive quite hard. Back set sill looking good and no I have not rotated the tyres. Hankook tyres ftd as std.
Edited by: chrisg

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hancock on mine as well, grip is very good and after 18k miles done there still is 5mm on front and 6mm on rear tyres.My last good year tyres becomes bold like a knee after 15k miles , so looks like hancock tyres will stay for ages.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Make sure you read the reviews on the tyres. Not many people have nice things to say about Nexen tyres. If they're cheap it's for a reason. Never skimp on tyres. Most important part of your car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
personally I would not buy any tyres rated below C on wet ...

·
Registered
586 Posts
I had a zafira before, came with a full set of nexen's I drove it for a week and went and put a full set of khumos on, the difference was unbelievable, will never touch nexen's again no matter how cheap

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ive gone for 19" Hankooks, my current 17" Hankooks are great so to have others agree that sounds great. A great mid-range tyre.
In the end I shopped around online, covering www.camskill.co.ukrecommended hereand also www.tyretraders.co.uk as the best sites I found (thanks to Graeme for the Tyretraders recommendation, it was a good site) butin the end I got the best deal at www.asdatyres.co.uksaving £15 in comparison for identical tyres fitted, etc.
Canne wait to get my 19"s on - anyone need a set of 17" alloys now?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts