Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that I have to have the front windscreen clear button on all the time in this weather or the windscreen mists up. I have tried all different combinations on the heater but to no avail. Its really annoying have the noise of the fan continuously on. Has anyone else experience this or do I perhaps have a fault?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Never really had any problem with excessive misting. Usually find a few seconds of the demist button is enough to clear the screen. My normal position for the blower windscreen and feet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Simmons, I have had same problem and yes if I put the demist blower on it clears in a few mins normally but if it is wet outside it mist up again within 2 mins of clearing, took mine into dealers and according to them its working properly even though the other week it had not cleared after 15mins sitting in car park with engine running, I had a similar problem with a Zafira and it turned out battery was failing wouldent be surprised if my battery is going same way

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I think part of the problem is that most new (if not all) cars are virtually air tight and hold moisture from your body and water that you may walk in. Old cars were very well vented due to poor manufacture. I have the same issue and have had it with my past cars, although my last car (Mondeo) had a quickclear electric element built into the screen.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ianoak said:
Hi Simmons, I have had same problem and yes if I put the demist blower on it clears in a few mins normally but if it is wet outside it mist up again within 2 mins of clearing, took mine into dealers and according to them its working properly even though the other week it had not cleared after 15mins sitting in car park with engine running, I had a similar problem with a Zafira and it turned out battery was failing wouldent be surprised if my battery is going same way
You may have had a battery failure but I very much doubt that was the cause of it not demisting.

Turning the AC on does keep the screen demisted even without using the demist function.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Find mine very poor in this weather I had a large patch on the driver's side of the screen which was still there after driving for over an hour, I eventually got fed up and had to wipe the screen, something I hate doing.
Definitely the worst car I have had for demisting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After having to clear the inside every day for 3 weeks I cleaned the screen and applied 2 coats of rain-x anti-fog on the windscreen and front door windows.... had no mist or moisture on them since I applied it, even after scraping 2 inches of snow off this morning, all the back windows still misted up so it must be working.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
mr.ian said:
After having to clear the inside every day for 3 weeks I cleaned the screen and applied 2 coats of rain-x anti-fog on the windscreen and front door windows.... had no mist or moisture on them since I applied it, even after scraping 2 inches of snow off this morning, all the back windows still misted up so it must be working.
I have tried the "rain X anti-fog" and wow what a difference. Not sure how often it will have to be applied but does work well.
I just put some on an old cottonT shirt and cleaned the screens with it on.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cleaning the inside of the windows does usually help.

I find the Rain-X likes to dispense itself all over my trousers.
It's a bit of a quick fix, I find a good going over with Autoglym Glass Polish lasts longer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.