Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have several problems the fan belt when staring up is loose, I have rust at the back of the car both sides next to the boot opener, then the infotainment system is not working properly through the steering wheel cat work the phone or the stereo volum up or down or changing to the USB or bluetooth FM, the car is not two until May anyone else got the same problems

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Yes to the rust but under the chrome strip on the boot. Fixed under warrenty. When they did the work they also put clear tape between the boot lid and the handle number plate section which in your case is also prone to rust. Both are caused by movement in joints rubbing away the paint.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Grumps I need to get it into the garage but I have not been well this will all be fixed under warrenty I hope

·
Registered
448 Posts
Not sure if you park over night on a hill, i noticed the fan belt will slip first thing in the morning if I park with the bonnet down hill, water must run down the inner wing and be able to drip on the belt..

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The infotainment system works fine but sat in the garage for 3 hours in pain waiting for a car that was booked in for 13:00 did not get taken until 13:45 after hubby saying something, but the whole bloody joke of the matter was that I phone Evans Halshaw asking if the falkirk branch had a body shop, oh yes we will book you in, git there to be told we don't have a body shop but your booked in for the fan belt and the recal, took 3 hours to fit a battery Leed and bolt she said nothing about the fan belt, the receptionist in the service department is rud and arrogant, and I won't be going there again I can tell you

·
Registered
472 Posts
SJG said:
Not sure if you park over night on a hill, i noticed the fan belt will slip first thing in the morning if I park with the bonnet down hill, water must run down the inner wing and be able to drip on the belt..
I park facing downhill all the time at home, never had any problem with the fan belt slipping any time at all.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Maybe mine just knackered then...
on the point of knackered, if you ever have the chance to get your Antara stuck in some good old deep mud... Don't... It's actually not bad at getting out but you want to see the mess small stones trapped in said mud make of your nice shinny wheels, I can nearly count the revolutions of the wheel with the scratches, think one wheel would play a song if I got it on a record player !

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that but I am a careful lady driver after all
I was knackered after coming back from that useless garage 3hrs waiting for a bloody nut to be put on the car, know I have to look for a vauxhall body shop for the rust that is on each Sid of the boot opening thingy and rust all along the bottom of my boot lid ( my car is only 21 months old ) terrible

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hi Wilma, Return it to the dealer. They should be able to sort it. Technically the fan belts is not a fan belt. I drives the water pump. Power steering and the alternator . The fan is electric. Showing your age there

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You cheeky monkey
I took it back on Tuesday for that and the recal for the bolt thingy and rust on back of the car in three maybe four different places each side of the boot opener then along the bottom of the number plat and actually at the bottom corner of the boot door it took them 2 1/2 hours to fix the bolt and the fan belt thing, I had it booked in for 13:00 pm the lazy buggers did't take it in until 13:45 pm after hubby saying something to them, got it back at 15:30pm by that time my pain levels were well above 10 in the scoring system, they told me to take my antara to a recommended vauxhall repair centre and gave me vauxhall customer care number, contacted them they asked me if the dealer had taken photoes to send through to them to get the rust repair authorised, I said no they did't vauxhall Sadi that's what they are supposed to do, I complained so they are getting in touch with Evans Halshaw to see what there problem is, she said I could take it to another Vauxhall Dealership to get it done ( photoes so taking it to Peter Vardy on Monday afternoon for its photoshoot, so peed off at Evens Halshaw for messing me about
When the car is three next May 2016 I am selling it and getting a motability car now that I have higher rate mobility and care as my health is getting worse. Love the car hate the dealership

·
Registered
472 Posts
wilma08 said:
You cheeky monkey
I took it back on Tuesday for that and the recal for the bolt thingy and rust on back of the car in three maybe four different places each side of the boot opener then along the bottom of the number plat and actually at the bottom corner of the boot door it took them 2 1/2 hours to fix the bolt and the fan belt thing, I had it booked in for 13:00 pm the lazy buggers did't take it in until 13:45 pm after hubby saying something to them, got it back at 15:30pm by that time my pain levels were well above 10 in the scoring system, they told me to take my antara to a recommended vauxhall repair centre and gave me vauxhall customer care number, contacted them they asked me if the dealer had taken photoes to send through to them to get the rust repair authorised, I said no they did't vauxhall Sadi that's what they are supposed to do, I complained so they are getting in touch with Evans Halshaw to see what there problem is, she said I could take it to another Vauxhall Dealership to get it done ( photoes so taking it to Peter Vardy on Monday afternoon for its photoshoot, so peed off at Evens Halshaw for messing me about
When the car is three next May 2016 I am selling it and getting a motability car now that I have higher rate mobility and care as my health is getting worse. Love the car hate the dealership
Hi Wilma, glad you're sorted with DLA. I've been looking at the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, great mpg. I wouldn't wait until next year I would get it done this year and save yourself a lot of money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.