Antara Owners Club banner

Exterior Trim Discolouration

7K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Grumps 
#1 ·
Hi . I said hello on the Newbie Topic and now I want to join the Regulars.

My question is has anyone had a problem with allthe plastic trim loosing its darkness? The rear bumper looks like it has been bleached some parts are white. MyAntara could have been a car used to get to aholiday home inSpain? Possibly parked under the shade with the boot in full sun.The car is immaculate apart from this. I remember someone saying WD40 brings it back.

Any tips to bring it back to its original colour?

Thanks John.

#5 ·
Hi Grumps .I read that tiponline and thought it must be a wind up. I was imagining my neighbours saying Johns gone mad. Wasps dogs and cats all waiting by. On further research though its seems as this may work .I will try it when the neighbours are out and on some hard to see trim.Perhaps its the oil?
Thanks all .

#9 ·
The problem with some of these products is when it rains it washes off and looks streaky, I've found the auto glym gel better, and only used it 3 times, once after each wash and the colour is back as new and i haven't had to use again, I should imagine peanut butter would only be temp, but each to their own, whatever you prefer! Good luck

#12 ·
Hi,

<h1 ="productDisplayTitle" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 7px 0px 8px; border: 0px; line-height: 1.1em; vertical-align: line; width: 580px;">I had the same problem and usedturtle Wax Color Magic Colour Enhancing Spray Wax , this brought the bumper back to its original colour, used every 4 - 6 weeks it keeps the trim looking like new. See link:</h1><h1 ="productDisplayTitle" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 7px 0px 8px; border: 0px; vertical-align: line; width: 580px;">lhttp://www.halfords.com/motoring/cleaning-products/polish-wax/turtle-wax-color-magic-colour-enhancing-spray-wax-black-500ml</h1>

#15 ·
Grumps said:
Peanut butter. And I am not joking.

Peanut butter? the smooth stuff no doubt. My trim hasn't started to discolour yet but the road salt isn't doing it any favours. I was trying some CarPlan Black Trim Wax on it today but I think it's been affected by the frost lying on the shelf in my garage.

#17 ·
Thanks for the tip Alimac, i'd never heard of Wurth's before but googled it and it seems well reviewed if a bit expensive at nigh on £30 for 75 ml tube. What I want to avoid is the look that I've gone over the black trim with a magic marker. It's the sun's UV rays that discolour the trim and since mines is still black i'll be looking at the stuff to protect it. Once black trim has faded and gone grey/whiteish i think you're always playing catch up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.