Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,can anyone help me out,I have the antara fwd,cdti 2.2,every time I try fill up to the gunnels it wont let me,and only let's me put a little in at a time,plus my fuel gauge is stuck at the top when I turn ignition on and doesn't want to come down even when I have used alot of fuel,do these cars have an evap system in them ,please help a newbie out quickly I am desperate to find out what going on with it .

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hi,can anyone help me out,I have the antara fwd,cdti 2.2,every time I try fill up to the gunnels it wont let me,and only let's me put a little in at a time,plus my fuel gauge is stuck at the top when I turn ignition on and doesn't want to come down even when I have used alot of fuel,do these cars have an evap system in them ,please help a newbie out quickly I am desperate to find out what going on with it .
The diesel Antara doesn’t have an EVAP system like the petrol ones due to the lower volatility of the diesel fuel. Schematics of the diesel tank system are hard to come by but if you look on Ebay you’ll find plenty of tanks with all the pipes etc on display.

It’s a saddle tank with a vent system linking the two halves with vent valves / rollover valves incorporated and a pipe that leads up to the filler neck. It’s quite possible your rollover valve(s) has started to disintegrate and presently blocking the vent system causing the well back when you try to fill up. Best way is to drop the tank and check out the whole set up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very kindly for this onfo,So,does this mean that i wont be able to get any diesel fuel into my tank with this ,as it stands i can only top up with around a gallon or is this cause my tank is still.full to the top Victor .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts