Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps. Im a fairly new antara owner (Dec13, Antara 2.2 exclusiv 4x4). I have started to enjoy driving again. Ive had the engine remapped and fitted a decent multi infotainment/ gps head unit. The car now flies and is giving me an easy 48mpg (instead of 34mpg at a push before remap). I live out on the Pennines and it sure aint flat round here. A great car has become even better.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum, where did you get it remapped and which head unit did you go for? two things in my to do list :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Fish over Teesside way (Stokesley to be precise) did the remap and the head unit is an Eonon GM5156 and it is fantastic. They are definitely a company on the up and already making in car head units for a few of the Japanese and Asian car manufacturers. It has a good audio chip, great screen, accurate fast gps and too many functions to mention. But honestly money really well spent, going to get one for the wifes Hyundai. Thanx for the welcome :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Might go for Eonon GM5156 too have looked at it seems like a very good quality head unit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a good unit and pretty easy to fit. I can send you some pics of it fitted if you like. Its a nice looking, stacked full of tec and sounds great.It easily pairs with your phone, reads out texts, handsfree calls, mirrors various android, apple devices. It gives you an ipod dock/ connection more usb connections as well as wifi, sat nav. Ive got stacks of albums lossless audio on sd card. It really has too many things to mention and is as quick as my Xperia z2. I never realised the subwoofer in the antara had such a kick til I got this. Sound quality with the new audio chips is really good and very loud. Also important in this day and age it is incredible value for money. Go on their eonon.com site, click on map for UK region. It will give you the prices in pounds. It takes very little time to come from Hong kong. I ordered on weekend and it arrived the following Friday. Good packing, instructions etc. Nice people at customer support emailed to check was here and made it clear if I needed help at all with fitting etc. I love the new toy, its basically a multi entertainment media pc for the car which can grow, expand and customise with/by you. Almost forgot the screen is nice, bright whatever the weather and clear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts