Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2011 Antara and recently had an engine fault light come on, and at same time lost power and fuel consumption was even worse than normal. When I switched off ignition and switched on again light had gone out and everything seemed to be back to normal, the problem kept happening so booked it into dealer to check out, £65 later I was told it was showing a fault with the turbo but having checked it everything seemed fine so the codes were reset and was told that should be fine. 2 days later light came on and same loss of power again, I am loathe to taking it back and paying another £65 for Vauxhall to see what the code says. Anyone else had this problem and can anyone advise, if there is a fault with the turbo, would it covered by the warranty. The car has only done 27,000 miles

·
Registered
211 Posts
I gather you bought your Antara second hand??
On the side of your warrenty i would say yes as its not really you fault the car is faulty. I would argue the piont with vauxhall as they shouldnt charge you again for something which keep re occuring!

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
I would look for a new dealer. And everything should be covered by the warranty.

I had an engine management come on which a reset myself but it kept coming on. I called my dealer and asked if I could pop in and get the fault code read that way if they needed a part or sensor they could order it in and I would book it in to have the work done that way I didnt have to leave the car at the dealers just to be told what the fault but then to be told that didnt have the part and i would then be without the car for another day.

They said no problem I went in had a coffee they took the car away and 30mins later they brought it back. It turned out it was the throttle sensor which needed re-calibrated which they did there and then.

All done in 30-45min and nothing to pay.

The same dealer replaced the two front coil springs on my daughters 3 1/2 year old Corsa which was out of warranty. They took it in and had a look and called Vauxhall who covered the work. We bought the car at Arnold clark who didnt want to know and quoted me £180 to replace one spring when they are supposed to be replaced as a pair.

So just goes to show pick your dealers carefully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.