Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,hope all are wellHad a problem with the handbrake on Monday, wife went to disengage the handbrake and it would not move,yellow warning light came on with the spanner symbol.
I was on duty and couldn't get home,she rang the RAC who struggled for about half hour trying disconnecting the battery,holding the switch down and referring to the help forum/ advice on his laptop from other technicians,eventually disengaged and the wife drove it to the main dealer who had it for 4 days,informed me they had not had problems with the anatara handbrake.
eventually they found the main cover to the wiring had split causing it to lock on and required a new *harness" they showed me a photo they took to enable them to send to vauxhall, the main cover was plastic with grooves running along it and some how has split damaging the wiring inside ! they sorted the recall work out of renewing the fuel link pipe whilst there.
Thankfully under warranty
just realised the radio will need the pin number and can't remember if arnold clark gave it to me when i purchased the car
Oh dear and I blamed the good wife of doing something the handbrake , I did tell her I would put an official apology on the site ,dohhhhhh

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Delta1 said:
Hi  everyone,hope all are wellHad a problem with the handbrake on Monday, wife went to disengage the handbrake and it would not move,yellow warning light came on with the spanner symbol.
I was on duty and couldn't get home,she rang the RAC who struggled for about half hour trying disconnecting the battery,holding the switch down and referring to the help forum/ advice on his laptop from other technicians,eventually disengaged and the wife drove it to the main dealer who had it for 4 days,informed me they had not had problems with the anatara handbrake.
eventually they found the main cover to the wiring had split causing it to lock on and required a new *harness" they showed me a photo they took to enable them to send to vauxhall, the main cover was plastic with grooves running along it and some how has split damaging the wiring inside ! they sorted the recall work out of renewing the fuel link pipe whilst there. 
Thankfully under warranty 
just realised the radio will need the pin number and can't remember if arnold clark  gave it to me when i purchased the car  
Oh dear and I blamed the good wife of doing something the  handbrake , I did tell her I would put an official apology on the site ,dohhhhhh    

O why o why do you males never listen to your honorary wife's why do you blame us when something. Goes wrong only to have to grovel ( love it ) and apologies because it's you's who are yes you guessed it WRONG 9 times out of 10
well MRS Delta 1 I hope you read your husbands post and have a wee laugh as I have done

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi WilmaMy wife says a big thank you and has had a good laugh, typical.

I know I am the boss when she says so ! hhahaha

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Delta1 said:
Hi WilmaMy wife says a big thank you and has had a good laugh, typical.

I know I am the boss when she says so ! hhahaha

so does all my family especially my lovely dear husband loltell your lovely wife no problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts