Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I bought my 2013 Antara in November 2016 and shortly after buying it the engine warning light came on and the car seems to have tried to do a dpf regen on numerous occasions but failed to complete. I believe this may be due to an egr fault but I don't know if it is advisable to blank it off or remove it. I have bought a blanking plate but not fitted it yet as I don't want to risk it causing more harm. Anybody out there who has removed/blanked their egr valve I would appreciate some sound advice. I have tried clearing the fault but it just comes back again with the same egr fault code. The fault code is P404 if I remember correctly which is something to do with egr pressure differential.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the reply Victor. Think I am going to run it past some motor engineers here on the island before I go any further with it. I really don't understand why VX have such a complicated system. My son has a Citreon DS3 and has no problems whatsoever. Apparently the car is fitted with a dosing tank controlled by its own ecu that gives an injection of eolysis every time the tank is filled and that keeps everything clean and lubricated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts