Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if its been covered on here before but cant find it. any way i read that some people have said that when they start the car up the eco mode is on. When i start mine the eco mode is off and if i want it on then i press the eco button and the green light illuminates on the dash. have tried both but havent noticed any better mpg,just get a sluggish feeling to the car when eco is on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
On my SE Nav, (Manual), the ECO is automatically on when first starting the car, i;e - ECO Button lit up. I have to press the ECO Button, to turn off the ECO Function, which basically I do every time, as I find the Engine Stop/Start Function a pain in the butt, especially when driving around town etc !!.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes on the auto my button is by the gear select and when pressed a green light is iluminated by where the oil n battery light r on dash.must b a pain to have to keep turning it off.

·
Registered
782 Posts
ECO mode is always off in my car. Not driven in ECO mode yet, but planning to run a full tank full of fuel with it on next time I fill up.
Whether I do run a full tank full on ECO will probably depend on whether I get fed up not having the normal performance from the car.

I know I've seen many reports by people saying they have not noticed any difference in fuel consumption.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well put it like this. It wont pull the skin of a rice pudding.and im a sunday driver.it like trying to start off in 2nd gear.i useds it on the mway but struggled at 60 to get up hills.it did it but felt like.come on....

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
smino said:
Not sure if its been covered on here before but cant find it. any way i read that some people have said that when they start the car up the eco mode is on. When i start mine the eco mode is off and if i want it on then i press the eco button and the green light illuminates on the dash. have tried both but havent noticed any better mpg,just get a sluggish feeling to the car when eco is on.
When I used the Eco on the Captiva the acceleration was not as nippy so I stopped using it, I also think there is not much difference as to fuel economy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ive tried it with the eco on and to be honest the only thing i found with it was the response was a lot slower, didn't noticed any difference in fuel consumption, I read one review on the Antara where it said the eco button should just say sausages cause it made no difference either

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
brian84 said:
Ive tried it with the eco on and to be honest the only thing i found with it was the response was a lot slower, didn't noticed any difference in fuel consumption, I read one review on the Antara where it said the eco button should just say sausages cause it made no difference either
Hi Brian it was the same with the Captiva it was not so nippy never used it after that, it never makes any difference to fuel consumption

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Doghandler said:
I keep mine turned off as it makes no different to the MPG and I can't get use to the engine cutting out every time I stop
What do you mean engine cutting out ? As the Eco should not make any difference to when you are stopping and starting, might have to go back to dealers that has never happened to me when I had driven the Captiva for a year now.
Dog man are you auto or manualEdited by: wilma08

·
Registered
108 Posts
Manual, if the engine drops to 500rpm the engine cuts out, then all you need to do is press down on the clutch and the engine restarts? I guess it saves you fuel when you stop, it's just plain annoying for me

·
Registered
659 Posts
Its the Stop/Start technology and for me it did take a while to get used to it but now it is second nature.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Antarius said:
Its the Stop/Start technology and for me it did take a while to get used to it but now it is second nature.
You devil you bet me to it I was going to say that not fare You know us women lol

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Doghandler said:
Have I misread your last post Wilma, do women have a eco mode on or off
cheeky devil
I mean Eco on or off when having the last say lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
The confusion is often the ECO button does two completely different things depending whether an Auto or manual box fitted.On manuals it is Start Stop enabled and autos it is gearchange points and torque convertor lock points changed.

So important to state which gearbox you have to get the correct answers :)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
HoneyMonster said:
The confusion is often the ECO button does two completely different things depending whether an Auto or manual box fitted.On manuals it is Start Stop enabled and autos it is gearchange points and torque convertor lock points changed.

So important to state which gearbox you have to get the correct answers :)

I am automatic and this eco button is awaistof space as all it does is slow down your exceleration with little difference in fuelconsumption, you may as well say bananas, I know this as we have the same thing on our 2012 Captiva

·
Registered
257 Posts
I find the ECO mode on auto is good for in town stop start traffic, then as soon as above constant 40mph i switch it off.

Yes it does slow down accel, but also lowers revs where gear change occurs and also locks torque convertor at lower speeds so helps in slow town driving.
Edited by: HoneyMonster

1 - 20 of 39 Posts