Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

For the more knowledgeable than myself. I have a three year old 2.2 Antara 163 hp. Has done just abt. 16,000 miles from virtually day one the display has informed me my avgr. return is 33.3mpg.
I set off today and the reading was showing as 24 mpg it crept up and the best I recorded for the rest of the 90 mile round trip was 29.3 mpg. NO difference in any conditions, driveing etc. stumped. Any ideas.
Thanks,

Unknownmale.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maybe the diesel injectors need cleaning? Add a cleaning additive to your next fill up and let it run through, just a thought maybe?

·
Registered
104 Posts
maybe it just did a DPF regeneration during the journey. Try resetting the average MPG and see if it is back to normal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
unknownmale said:
Oh! Andyk, I have no idea how to do that old age does not visit alone.

Unknownmale
Not sure which model you have ...

Press the (steering wheel, left) scroll wheel in to bring up the Board Computer (BC).
Press it again to enter BC1
Scroll down to AVG mpg and press the wheel to reset the figure to zero.
Scroll down to get to 'Main' and press the scroll wheel to get back to the main display.

Avg MPG has been reset.

·
Registered
137 Posts
imo (also) you noticed a regen. These can last 15 minutes and produce disastrous mpg which will skew your run's average.

The car will do a DPF regeneration as required about every 500 miles if needed without notification on the dash. If the DPF is full then the regen lamp lights up on p.122. An Italian tune-up of 60mph for 20minutes at about 3000rpm should clear the DPF (although book or words p.122 says over 30mph at over 2000rpm) i.e . a bumble along the motorway in 5th gear should do it.

Your 33mpg is fairly high but then you probably do longer trips than me.

Mine is around 24mpg in my 184PS auto 4x4, the worst consumption model but note I have a lead foot and mainly do short journeys. 14k on the clock of which about 7k are mine and I've never noticed it do a regen even once, because (1) my enthusiastic use of the throttle gets it up to cooking temperature and keeps the DPF cleaned out and (2) is it a facelift model (post 2011) with the DPF closer to the turbo. I do not know which year-model you have.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I have to take my hat off to you lot and your knowledge, I have now learned how to reset the ave. MPG. so thanks to Andyk and jefrs. I also took the advice of Bean010 and added an injector cleaner. Now, I don`t know, which has done what, but on the way home I had a top reading, albeit momentarily of Ave 38. m.p.g. Once again thanks gents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts