Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up to 8/9 inches of level snow on the drive and on the road this morning. Wasn't expecting that much.
I went out to get a paper and some groceries, and was very pleased with how the Antara handled the snow. Almost as if it wasn't there.

The snow was deep enough to be ploughed by the front spoiler, but it was soft enough not to do any damage. Very little skidding and very sure footed in the bends. Used the hill decent system on a couple of hills on the way, and worked very well.

Got the snow blower out when I got back from the shops, so now most of the snow is gone from the driveway. Pity the council snowploughs never come to where I live and clear the roads.

Edited by: Inchindown

·
Registered
32 Posts
Still to try the Antara in the snow - last year's mild winter meant we saw nothing really and so far this winter what little we have seen hasn't stuck and wouldn't bother any car!
Don't particularly want the white stuff but would be nice to see what the Antara can do as that is one of the main reasons I purchased it - 4 x 4 and towing the caravan all year.

Hope the weather settles down for you Inchindown and you don't lose the power again

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My Antara and hubby's Capt are really good in the snow, as I was unsure about the 19inch low profile tyres but no problems at all, and I have some crazy windy country roads were I stay

·
Registered
95 Posts
We had it bad with snow in South yorkss 26/27 dec had to take doughter to work in Sheffield sat morning, was quite eerie sailing past around 30 abandoned cars on Sheffield parkway . Antara 4x4, no problem.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My street is normally pretty bad when we get snow - it doesn't get cleared and in addition to a hill to escape there's a speed hump at the top of the hill - double trouble. The snow hasn't been too bad here this winter but what little we've had, that's stumped most other cars, the Antara has coped with easily - no complaints at the moment!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Apparently your Antara will switch from 2wd to 4wd as necessary there might be a difference in drive sound & feel but let her do her thing & she'll get you through any condition without a charade of lights & beeps.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Took the caravan out in the snow again last weekend to Teversal in Derbyshire. We're also out at Christmas when it snowed (picture on another thread). Antara towed without any issues and even backed it onto the pitch with 2 inches of snow with no problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.