Antara Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting on here, im looking for some advice, I have a 2012 antara. It's only done 63,000 miles. Over the last few weeks the dpf light keeps flashing and coming on. When it first happened I took it to a garage and they checked and said they couldn't see a problem and told me to take it on a long drive to help clear it and let it do what it needed to. Since doing that tho it keeps coming back on and when I park up sometimes and stop the car there is a really loud fan noise and then a smell of burning/overheating. Any advice is appreciated

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi, The fan normally comes on when the vehicle is in the middle of a regen, if your light is on it is possibly quite blocked, you can tell if it is trying to regen by looking at your centre screen were it shows average fuel etc, if you come of the throttle it should show 999 miles, if this is not showing it is normal regenerating and can smell like it is hot, because the light is on you may need to run it in excess of 25 miles at around 50 mph on the motorway if you can, once the average miles starts to show 999 again when you come of the throttle that should indicate it has completed it's regen cycle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts