Antara Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all and hope that this will help provide some info on Issues that some cars are having with DPF regens.
i have today spoke to vx head office with regards the dpf issue, and can confirm that if you are going to have your car remapped with Thorney Motor Sport then they are NO long in partnership with Vauxhall.So any remap of any kind I.E. bluefin WILL invalidate your Vauxhall warranty. (v x have a probe for the soot particles at a burning rate)Simular to the ones seen on a MOT.They have stated that if you do have Any issue with the DPF or any other items on the Antara then you have to take it to a Vauxhall dealership for a diagnostic check.OK i know some have been down this route without satisfaction.But please bare with me. If you take your car to VX for dpf problems and they state that everthing is ok YOU have to ask for a readout of the vehicle check.This free of charge.Then within VX head office they have a dedicated person just to deal with VX DPF issues.You can then speak to the dedicated person that deals with YOUR Dpf issue and they will liase with the dealership to rectify the problem.Vx will not be able to help until this has been done.Obviously as we know every car is different and some people are having the issues and some are not.
Just to add to this i have spoke to MR J Doyle MEP with regards the high amount of regens that some people are having and using excess amounts off fuel which in turn is pollution our environment.Mr doyle is a Euro mp and has certain powers to look into these issues and make sure that manufacturers are adhering to the laws laid down.
i will keep you posted, i have more info but i am awaiting for it to be dealt with. Sorry it can be sooner to save all your costs but i am trying. i also think that to give Vx a chance first would be cheaper than going down the remap route.hope this helps

·
Registered
324 Posts
smino said:
Hi to all and hope that this will help provide some info on Issues that some cars are having with DPF regens.
i have today spoke to vx head office with regards the dpf issue, and can confirm that if you are going to have your car remapped with Thorney Motor Sport then they are NO long in partnership with Vauxhall.So any remap of any kind I.E. bluefin WILL invalidate your Vauxhall warranty. (v x have a probe for the soot particles at a burning rate)Simular to the ones seen on a MOT.They have stated that if you do have Any issue with the DPF or any other items on the Antara then you have to take it to a Vauxhall dealership for a diagnostic check.OK i know some have been down this route without satisfaction.But please bare with me. If you take your car to VX for dpf problems and they state that everthing is ok YOU have to ask for a readout of the vehicle check.This free of charge.Then within VX head office they have a dedicated person just to deal with VX DPF issues.You can then speak to the dedicated person that deals with YOUR Dpf issue and they will liase with the dealership to rectify the problem.Vx will not be able to help until this has been done.Obviously as we know every car is different and some people are having the issues and some are not.
Just to add to this i have spoke to MR J Doyle MEP with regards the high amount of regens that some people are having and using excess amounts off fuel which in turn is pollution our environment.Mr doyle is a Euro mp and has certain powers to look into these issues and make sure that manufacturers are adhering to the laws laid down.
i will keep you posted, i have more info but i am awaiting for it to be dealt with. Sorry it can be sooner to save all your costs but i am trying. i also think that to give Vx a chance first would be cheaper than going down the remap route.hope this helps

Thanks for that Smino, very much appreciated.

Yes, I am making note of our regens & the car is going in for a diagnostic at VX dealer next week. Only after this will I know any more & be able to make the next decision. The info you have just provided is very valuable to know. Keep up the good work & keep us informed along the way- as will I do also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.